Notices

Recording the inches

Old 05-27-2010, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

Default Recording the inches

Ive always used the scales to record my weight, but for the first time i decided to measure the inches and was horrified. Whlst researchingt he average inches for hips and waist to get an idea of whats healthy i was very surprised.

Does anyone else use the measuring tape to measure their progress rather than the scales??
Old 05-27-2010, 11:55 PM
FitDay Member

Morning Caira...Been there....Done that, and it's not pretty. Breathe and give yourself a few minutes to get past the shock. I use both. But more importantly, I judge by how healthy I feel and by the way my jeans fit.

Just think of what a beautiful change you're about to make. It becomes very addictive once you start to see those numbers come down. You want to see more, then before you know it, they are much smaller. The tape measure and the scale are just tools on the way to a healthier lifestyle.

You can do this...be patient with yourself.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

I use both the scale and the measuring tape to record my progress. This can be useful especially if you ar working out as muscle weighs more than fat, and so weight loss can seem slower, but the inches keep melting away as you tone up.

Just like most everyone else... a lot can be said about "how my jeans" feel... but I love that little extra bump in inspiration I get when I see that confirmation on the measuring tape.