Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Well, this has never happened before... >

Well, this has never happened before...

Community
Notices

Well, this has never happened before...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Size 8!

Every pair of size 8 pants I tried on yesterday fit like they were made for me. That hasn't happened at least since I moved to California 22 years ago!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

I started this journey on Mar 28. So far I've only lost 12 pounds. But I did get a compliment from my 21 year old son today.... He informed me that my face looks thinner and my jowls look less like a basset hound (I'm not sure how I feel about this)...Good thing I understand his sense of humor. LOL

Oh yea, congrats on the size 8
Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 PM
FitDay Member

Jacqueline, 12 pounds in less than a month is fantastic! Great start, girl!

RunBikeSki, congrats on the perfect fit in size 8.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

This morning after my shower I wrapped a bath towel around my torso - just like always. Only today I wrapped it all the way around and then beyond by enough to give it a good tuck in and it covered me without gaping open .
Old 04-19-2010, 03:47 PM
FitDay Member

wow. so many accomplishments.
i'm no longer in the last hole of my belt but on the second one and moving my way closer to getting a new one. today i went jogging with my fit hubby and i kept up with him better than i thought i would. 3.1 miles baby.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:56 AM
FitDay Premium Member

almeeker,
great visual!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

congrats ladies!!!!
some of these days, i'll have a first too! (hopefully )
i'm so glad to find this website and the fourm! you are all so amazing!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

This is a big 'first' for me but I don't know how many of you can relate to it. I'm sharing it anyways since it's such a big step for me.
TV ads for burgers & pizza were always major triggers for me to start fixating on those favorite foods & in the past eventually I'd end up calling for pizza delivery or go around the corner to pick up burgers & fries at Carl Jr's or Sonic. But now those TV ads have been grossing me out & don't trigger the fixation & cravings any more. For the past few months I've been forcing myself to remember the greasy fatty texture of cold fries & cold cheeseburgers that feels really gross to me & how yucky I feel now when I eat too much fat.
I haven't ever responded to these 2 past favorites foods advertised on TV this way before. This is the first real proof for me that my food addiction is not in control of my life...I am. I must confess that part of me is afraid it won't last because I'm so conditioned to feeling helpless when it comes to certain foods while another part of me feels so relieved that I'm experiencing freedom.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Super Moderator

Default Way to go!

Sounds like you are now conditioned to feeling in control. Congratulations to you on such a big step in retraining not only your taste buds, but your thought patterns.

Awesome job from everyone. Thank you all for keeping this thread at the forefront and sharing your accomplishments . It really helps.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:01 PM
FitDay Member

I love this post too so why not bump it again.

I'm happy to say that I was able to fit into a dress I own that I had only previously worn once because it stopped fitting me. yay for the little things.