View Single Post
Old 01-19-2010, 01:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
jessithon
FitDay Member

Default Hang in there, sweetie!

Debbie,
I am so sorry to hear that you aren't getting the support at home that you need to reach your weight loss/health goal!

like others have said before me, good job for making this decision to change for YOU and no one else. when making a life changing decision you need to make sure that your are doing it for the right reasons, and you are.

if i may put my two cents in, i think that you need to really communicate to your husband that you would like to reach your goal and let him know how important it is to you. remind him that when you reach your goal, it will affect BOTH of you in one way or another. you will be happier, more energetic which may just rub off on him you are obviously not happy with your current body and that affects your emotional well-being. if you are at a healthier weight, you will be able to be together for longer. (etc.)

it is possible for you to reach your weight loss goal without his support, but (in my experience) it is so much easier to do it when you have those around you backing you up. he doesn't have to make a huge lifestyle change to help you, but you would appreciate him being your cheerleader (and maybe not flaunt that he is eating his sixth cookie in front of you).

being married means that you are there for each other during the hard stuff, and not just big hard stuff (like bankruptcy and losing a loved one), but the "little" ones too.

if you are unable to convince him that your losing weight is a good thing for the both of you, try finding a good friend to be a workout buddy. make a pledge to each other to keep the fire burning under each other's butts.

i know that you have all of us on the forum, and we will do as much for you as we can but it is nice to have someone to give you a real life pat on the back every time you lose a pound.

hope this helps. hang in there and keep on keepin' on!
jessithon is offline   Reply With Quote