Notices

Nutrition information in foods

Old 01-04-2010, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nutrition information in foods

My wife and I cook 1 cup of oat meal for breakfast, which we share. How so I get the info for 1/2 cup in my food tab. I have tried changing the amount to 1/2 and get an error. Also tried .5 and get an error. How can I get the nutrition info for 1/2 cup into the food tab, without creating a new food and call it one cup with the nutrition for 1/2 cup?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

I haven't had a problem doing the .5 in my selections. What browser are you using? I am using firefox.

Peace,

Jo
Old 01-04-2010, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

I've used 0.5 with no issues. You may need to press the Enter key while on the quantity and wait for the browser to reload in order to see the change. You can also change the unit of measure (depending on the food item), such as oz. instead of cups.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default Any1

Can u add vitamins? If i take a centrum evryday ,should we add vitamins to the food section?
Old 01-05-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

I don't see why not. I was thinking it would be good, because I take Omega-3 sometimes and there's nowhere to log it. Plus, I can see that I'm not getting enough of the RDA for Vit. E, and thought it would be good to add supplements (vitamins) to my diet, and then to my food log.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dt2012
Can u add vitamins? If i take a centrum evryday ,should we add vitamins to the food section?
I added a custom food for One-a-Day Men's vitamin. I set all the calories to 0 and added the amounts for the vitamins and minerals included.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wydok
I added a custom food for One-a-Day Men's vitamin. I set all the calories to 0 and added the amounts for the vitamins and minerals included.
I'd like to add a custom food for my vitamin B supplement, but the nutrition facts does not include pant. acid (vit B5) and I can't seem to edit the total nutrition for the food. Any advice?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default This is what I do!

Originally Posted by DMalven
My wife and I cook 1 cup of oat meal for breakfast, which we share. How so I get the info for 1/2 cup in my food tab. I have tried changing the amount to 1/2 and get an error. Also tried .5 and get an error. How can I get the nutrition info for 1/2 cup into the food tab, without creating a new food and call it one cup with the nutrition for 1/2 cup?
Change the serving size to ounces and make it 4 ounces.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

I am on Windows Vista, and my food log gets buggy unless I run it in "compatibility view". It's the icon up by the address bar that looks like a torn piece of paper.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by saranis
I'd like to add a custom food for my vitamin B supplement, but the nutrition facts does not include pant. acid (vit B5) and I can't seem to edit the total nutrition for the food. Any advice?
I saw pant. acid I think at the top of the last row. But I definatelly saw it.
Wait I saw it after it broke down a food, not sure if there's a place for you to enter it yourself. Good luck.