Notices

My Successes/Failures

Old 05-27-2010, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

Default My Successes/Failures

Hi all-

I am kinda new here but not really...I guess you can say I am returning.

A little background...I weighed 345 pounds when I graduated college 5 1/2 years ago and I went on weight watchers (which I am a firm believer that that is the best diet out there...it is a lifestyle change and teaches you portion control). It took me a year and a half and I lost 140 pounds. Unfortunately, stresses in my life took over and I lost my way and I have been struggling ever since and have gained about 67 pounds since then.

I just completed my first week back here at FitDay and I lost 2.5 pounds. It feels good to have success and I feel like my head is in the game again to shed that weight back off for good. I have set my end weight goal lower than before but I feel I can do it!

If there is anyone out there that has the same goals as me, let me know I could use an accountability Partner!

Old 05-27-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

You can do this! You've already lost 140 pounds in the past and that is phenomenal! Now you have 84 pounds to lose to reach your goal. You're young, you're motivated and I am betting you will be successful.

I just restarted this Tuesday. My goal is to lose 51 pounds. I am eating roughly 1500 calories per day and trying to get as close to 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fat every day. I also started the Couch To 5k program and completed day 2 of week 1 today. On the days I am not running I will power walk for at least 30 minutes. I am also going to add weight training to my routine. It is so important to tone your muscles because that helps to burn fat.

As far as motivation goes, right now I am totally motivated but I know that I have to check in here every day and communicate with people who are in the same boat as I am to recharge that motivation. I haven't been around the forum all that much but I can tell that there is a lot of support here and a lot of valuable advice. So keep checking back in daily for encouragement and have an amazing day!

Rose

Last edited by mtlgirl; 05-27-2010 at 02:59 AM.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:49 PM
FitDay Member

Well, week two just flew by for me. I had a rough weekend. Busy the entire weekend but at the same time it wasn't the healthiest weekend. I was not in control of the foods I was eating at all most of the weekend. I ended up gaining 1/2 pound but to me that isn't bad. I ate the best possible foods I could have eaten and still had fun. I am back on it this week and looking forward to a good loss next Thursday. Thanks all for the support.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

That's right, if you fall, get back up! I've been struggling for months to get back on. A friend told me about Fit Day and I am hoping that the forums and journaling will help me. I am trying to diagnose the cause of my unhealthy eating. It seems like it's stress. So now I can work on replacing the bad snacks with good ones.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!
Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by MSunderstood601
That's right, if you fall, get back up! I've been struggling for months to get back on. A friend told me about Fit Day and I am hoping that the forums and journaling will help me. I am trying to diagnose the cause of my unhealthy eating. It seems like it's stress. So now I can work on replacing the bad snacks with good ones.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!
I think stress kills my diets often too. I got promoted at work not too long ago so I am stressing at work. There is alot of stress with my extra curricular activities in the fire department too so it is tough for me too.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

I think its a wise decision to learn why it is that you're eating. Is it because you're physically hungry, or is it because of stress,boredom,anxiety,frustration, etc. Once you make yourself concious of your eating patterns, you can then begin to take more control of the weight loss process. I suggest to question yourself before you eat. For example "Is my stomach growling or feel empty?" physical hunger!, yes its time to eat something, or "Work was crappy, ooh i could have (place comfort food here)." emotionally eating. Determine something more productive in the way of health at this point (some other stress buster), instead of having the (place comfort food here). The point is i think alot of people eat for reasons other than physical hunger, which is not the heathiest habit in my opinion.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Well, just checking in. Week 3 is down and I got more bad news...I am up .5 from last week! Argh! I know it is my lack of activity. I have been walking the dog alot (pretty much everyday) but I have always been an active person, so I am more athletic than I should be for my weight (I have lots of muscle and a big frame), so I don't think just walking the dog is enough for me. I need to get motivated to get back to the gym. I am paying for the membership just not motivated to get there.

For me, most of the reason why I am not motivated to get to the gym is that once I get there, I don't know what to do. I never feel like what I am doing is doing anything. I guess I need tips on what I should do for exercises.

Height: 6'
Weight: 267
Chest: 48"
Waist: 36" (pants size)
Thigh: 28"

Any suggestions on where to start would be great. I am lost in the exercise world. I read Men's Fitness but those workouts are too complex for me I think. They don't seem like they are for novice's such as myself.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Are you trying to lose fat or are you trying to build muscle. I get the impression that you're trying to lower your body fat. If you're trying to lose fat, and you're exercising, you may be over eating your activity for the day. In that case it doesn't matter how much you work out. If you take in more calories than you burn you'll gain weight. At your weight i would shoot for around 2800 calories a day for a week or so then if you're still not losing weight after one week, decrease to 2700 calories a day for two weeks.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

You may want to check out Bodybuilding.com. This link references a simple beginners workout. A Simple Beginner's Routine - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Old 06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, I've been using Fitday.com for only 1 week and I've lost 10lb!! It's amazing how eating the right amount of calories can change your body/weight so drastically. I've always been a very active person: working out at least an hour at the gym everyday consist of 1/2 hour cardio and 1/2 weight training. But with the stress of being in pharmacy school makes me binge eating whenever I have an exam, paper, or presentation. After 2 years of pharmacy school, I've gain 25lb despite a lot of exercising. I found Fitday.com last week when I was searching for Alli on youtube.com and boom, I've lost 10lb just in a week. BTW I'm not taking Alli or any pharmaceutical product to lose weight (although that was my intention just last week!). I am extremely happy with Fitday.com and would recommend it to all people I know. Not just overweight pp b/c pp who are not overweight does not mean they are healthy/fit. The problem might be within your heart or blood vessels..etc so exercising and eating healthy is definitely the key. And Fitday.com is an excellent tool for you to keep being motivated and keep track of what you're doing. SO, I believe WE can do it! Oh, I almost forgot to say that I've started a Healthcare and prevention class for about a month at our school and we have some interesting assignments I want to share as they might contribute to my success.

Here are something I've done different the past week:

Park in the back of the parking lot
Pack homemade lunch everyday
not taking elevators
NO fastfood AT ALL

So, if you have any other tips please share.

Last edited by letolinhchi; 06-10-2010 at 01:44 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.