Thread: Oops
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
wannabefitgrl
FitDay Member

I'll be honest and say that I don't even use the food log. It's nice when I have new foods and I need to find their nutritional values and such, but on a daily basis, I find it tedious to enter every little bit of food I ate, especially since I like to make a big pot of soup and eat it for lunch all week. I don't measure out every type of veggie I put into the soup so measuring out exactly one serving of it and logging on here would be hard. I just found a calorie range that works for me (1600-1800 calories a day) and arrange my meals and snacks around that. I've been doing well with losing weight over the last (almost) two years now and also recently hit the 50 pound mark. I'm hoping that once I hit the maintenance stage that I'll be successful without having to rely on logging food every day. Yes, I'll still have to be watching my calories and portions, but maybe it won't be so bad.

I also don't really have a goal weight in mind, I'm just taking it 5-10 pounds at a time and seeing how in shape my body can get. I'm headed home for the long weekend and plan to see family, most of which haven't seen me since the holidays last year. I've lost a good 15 pounds since then, so I'm excited to see everyone and hopefully get some encouraging comments!
wannabefitgrl is offline   Reply With Quote