View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
daniellejokela
FitDay Member

I am hoping that once I get through the next few months and get to my target weight, by then, some of this should be second nature. I think I will have a better idea of what a good portion of food actually is, rather than just eating until my plate is clear or having to measure everything to control the calories. Also, after working so hard to establish a routine of excercise and workouts, I think it will be harder to stop. By the time I reach my goal, I will have been at this for so many months, that not exercising will probably feel strange or I will notice the lack of energy and be motivated to get back on it.

@ fitgirl: I think that once you get past the initial major weight loss, you can probably back down off of the twice daily workouts. I would be willing to bet that once you get the weight off, you would be able to get in one workout per day, be mindful of what you're eating, and the weight will stay off. I would say, alternate the weights with the cardio, do cardio on Monday, weights on Tuesday, etc. But also try to mix it up so that your body doesn't get complacent. Pick up a soccer or basketball leauge, something that requires a lot of running and physicallity. Not only will you get in that extra workout, you will have way more fun than doing a gym routine, and you will make new friends!

@ fletch: There are so many psychological barriers that stop us from being truely happy. I can understand the thought that if I were thinner, people would like me more, or I would be able to get that job, or be more confident, or just be able to be happy. In the long run, and I know you already know this, being thin doesn't make you happy, and you aren't unhappy because you aren't at your target weight. You have to find a way and reasons to be happy and to love yourself every single day, despite what size you wear, or what the scale says. Being thinner is really about being healthier. Being healthier will lead to increased energy, and lots of other good things that contribute to your happiness, but being thinner cannot be your single source of happiness.
daniellejokela is offline   Reply With Quote