View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Badger69
FitDay Member

Default Manboobs....always a good motivator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmnsuk View Post
Some kid in a supermarket said "Mummy, why does that man have boobs". Don't we have wonderful children in the UK? It did give me the impetus I needed to start losing weight though.

What triggered you to start?
Hey there. Just joined today and laughed when I seen your post. Yep the ol' moobs are one of the main reasons I've decided to get tough with myself. Although not 'massively' overweight I tend to put the pounds on my chest rather than my gut so it's a bit of a double whammy [overweight and look kinda stupid].

But the final straw was being floored by a virus over the holiday period just recently and finding out a catalogue of horrors after getting blood tests [raised cholesterol/blood pressure, impaired liver fucntion and thyroid problems to name but a few]. My GP says that most of these symptoms are caused by the virus I've had but I know in my heart that I'm no longer as fit as I used to be and I'm just sick and tired of being sick and tired!!

I used to be super fit about ten years ago and I know that I can get back there with a bit of patience, care and dedication. I'm gonna prove to myself that life does begin at 40 as the saying goes.

Anyway enough of my rambling. I just had to tell someone. Best of luck to you. I know you'll [we'll] get there if you just stick at it mate.
Badger69 is offline   Reply With Quote