Notices

Sudden Problem with Sync'ing from FitDayPC

Old 01-11-2012, 11:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Sudden Problem with Sync'ing from FitDayPC

I've been using FitDay online and FitDayPC without any issues until yesterday. I tried to Sync from FitDayPC and I immediately get an error when FitDayPC is trying to connect to FitDay.com.

The error reads: "An error occurred while synchronizing your account". That's all it says. This is the second day I have not been able to sync.

Any idea what might be causing the issue? Could it be an account renewal issue?

I've tried rebooting but that didn't help. I also re-entered my username and password so I know those are correct. I just can't figure out why all of sudden it's not working.

I'm using FitDayPC version 2.0.0.2
Old 01-11-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I've seen that error once or twice in the time I've been using PC. Generally, a second try syncs fine. I'd try it again and see what happens. If it still fails, let us know.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-11-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Smartyz
I've been using FitDay online and FitDayPC without any issues until yesterday. I tried to Sync from FitDayPC and I immediately get an error when FitDayPC is trying to connect to FitDay.com.

The error reads: "An error occurred while synchronizing your account". That's all it says. This is the second day I have not been able to sync.

Any idea what might be causing the issue? Could it be an account renewal issue?

I've tried rebooting but that didn't help. I also re-entered my username and password so I know those are correct. I just can't figure out why all of sudden it's not working.

I'm using FitDayPC version 2.0.0.2
Are you sure your Premium account is still up to date? With no FitDay Premium you won't be able to sync.

These two threads will hopefully solve your issue if indeed your Premium account is up to date:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...coming-up.html

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...rnet-sync.html
Old 01-11-2012, 01:17 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Are you sure your Premium account is still up to date? With no FitDay Premium you won't be able to sync.
This may be dumb question but how can I find out if my Premium account is up to date? I know it's been about a year since I started with FitDay and purchased the premium account but no where do I see any way to check account info.

How do I check my account status to see if I have to renew?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:23 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Okay, I found how to check my account status...finally! It says I'm up to date until the end of this month so it's not an account issue.

Now I'm really stumped. I've tried sync'ing several times over the past couple days and it always fails on the first step of trying to connect to fitday.com.

Has anyone else had this issue?

I checked the links given in this thread but they don't cover this problem.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2012, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

Have you entered any incomplete data recently on PC? In the thread it mentioned that incomplete data screws up the sync. Other than that, I have no clue. I don't have PC nor Premium, just trying to direct you in the right direction.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:29 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
Have you entered any incomplete data recently on PC? In the thread it mentioned that incomplete data screws up the sync. Other than that, I have no clue. I don't have PC nor Premium, just trying to direct you in the right direction.
read that incomplete body stats can causes problems. I guess I can check and see if that's the cause.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Okay, I deleted all body stats on FitDayPC and am still getting the same error.

Any other ideas? I checked the log and it says the last sync was on 1/8/12 but that it was canceled. I don't remember canceling a sync because there's no reason for me to do that.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Premium Member

I also just noticed my Food Search is not working on the FitDayPC application. I type in a food and hit "go" and nothing happens.

Do I need to reinstall FitDayPC? Can I do that or would I need another activation code?

Something's really screwy.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Smartyz
I also just noticed my Food Search is not working on the FitDayPC application. I type in a food and hit "go" and nothing happens.

Do I need to reinstall FitDayPC? Can I do that or would I need another activation code?

Something's really screwy.
A reinstall certainly wouldn't hurt. It's possible something got corrupted, especially since online syncing is more complex than a regular stand alone application.

I just read today under FD PC that you can request the CD. I would imagine if you still have your registration information and contacted FitDay (the link is in the FAQ's thread in my signature) you should be able to get the CD. It sounds like that's the way to go. A reinstall.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.