Thread: New here...
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Shell250
FitDay Member

Hi again Dot, I just replied to your other message! I have only participated in a few forums myself; really finding this one to be helpful and motivating.

Another ex-smoker, congrats! Way to go to both of you!! I know it is not easy, it took me many many many attempts. Hang in there, if I can do it anyone on earth can!

Like with losing weight, I realized that for me to quit smoking I had to make some pertinent lifestyle changes. I had to stop drinking coffee, alcohol, even talking on the phone for too long, limiting my time on the computer, changing what I did when I took breaks at work...it really was a total change in the routine of my day to day life! Eliminating things that strongly triggered me wanting to light up. Eventually I added coffee back into my day and started going out again for drinks (although since then, I drink much less of both).

Sooooooo....now I must make the lifestyle changes that are necessary for me to get healthy by losing some of this weight. Why does it seem so simple, yet is so hard? I have been battling my weight for years. Even before I quit smoking I needed to lose maybe 25 lb. Then I quit smoking and gained 30 lb more, and my weight has been up and down (mostly up) ever since.

Losing weight is seems to be way more of a struggle for me than quitting smoking was. I wonder why that is? What is it that is holding me back? I need to think about that.

I want this more than anything. Determined to do this for once and for all.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote