Thread: Hey, I'm Jenna
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 06:06 AM   #4 (permalink)
alinxy
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by almeeker View Post
I've had that same problem, it's called "Deep denial". At my heaviest I was still very active and in decent shape, but at the same time morbidly obese only I would never have acknowledged it. Starting a diet is the hardest part, actually the first 4-6 weeks are the hardest. It slowly gets easier after that. So I would say commit to it for the next 3-4 weeks, don't let yourself cheat and pretty soon it will come easier. One other thing you might want to watch is your calorie pie chart here on fitday. I found that my calories were like 75-80% carbs, but when I knock that down to 40% carbs, I can keep my calories higher and still lose weight.
Thanks! That's what I'm trying to do, and also trying to cut out all those times I eat when I'm bored. That's where most of my weight comes from, that, "Oh, if I eat this, it's not going to hurt me, I'll exercise later" kind of attitude. =( But it does hurt and I never exercise later. Ha.

Quote:
the same thing happens to me. i was at 145 then 105 now 1 1/2 yrs later im at 155. i've done everything. i was even a veggitarian with a 1,000 cal intake and i swam 4 hrs everyday. all i did was gain 2 pant sizes.
I've heard being a vegetarian doesn't actually help you lose weight? And maybe what you were eating was high in carbs but not so high in calories? =( I'm sorry, that has to be rough, but just keep thinking, you did it once so you can definitely do it again =)
alinxy is offline   Reply With Quote