View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 07:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Shell250
FitDay Member

Hi Dot, Kathie,

I am new too, on week 2 and feeling better already.

I am trying to stay away from highly processed food too. I am striving for 40-30-30 as well. Processed foods are terrible...in addition to the usually high sugar and/or salt and/or calories, all the other 'mystery chemicals' listed cannot be healthy!

In my past weight loss missions I have depended on these 'low ca/low fat/portion controlled' products and they were somewhat pushed in the weight loss groups I participated in. I did have some success, but overall I find they are not satisfying, and I usually ended up eating larger quantities of them, defeating their purpose..sigh. Taking a more natural approach this time and trying to fuel my body with what it needs to function in a healthy way.

Thanks for the reminder on the Balsamic vinegar dressing Kathie; I like it, and need to pick some up.

I also like to use a variety of hot sauces, in particular Louisianna Hot sauce. Delicious if you like spicy. Curbs my cravings.

"Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can." - unknown
Shell250 is offline   Reply With Quote