Notices

Got stuck. How do I re-kickstart?

Old 05-17-2010, 04:42 PM
FitDay Member

Default Got stuck. How do I re-kickstart?

I was dropping pretty regularly, then all of a sudden I got stuck at 172. WTH? I'm keeping cals around 1500 (Nursing, so I don't want to go below that.) I'm doing the 30 day shred at least 5 days a week.

While I look better than I have in years, I would love to drop another 10-15. How can I get that scale moving again?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:45 PM
FitDay Member

Sometimes, no matter what we do, we just get stuck for a bit. My first plateau hit around my 1 month mark. I was hovering just above the 200 mark for a couple of weeks. IMO, I would not drop your calories any lower, instead, try increasing your calories 200 for a couple of days, then dropping them back to the original to see if that jump starts something. Sometimes, the body is changing even though the numbers aren't.

This is just a question, but is 1500 cal enough when nursing? because I don't know anything about that part.

Keep your chin up and be patient. It will start moving again. Good luck.

Last edited by dizzy_44; 05-17-2010 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:49 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks, that's very encouraging! Momentum is so hard to keep up.

As for the 1500, I read that the range should be 1500-1800. I'll give your suggestion a try.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

I agree with trying to increase for a couple of days. You might also look at your pie chart, and increase your percent protein. When I hit a plateau I do 3 high protein days in a row, and when I say "high" I mean like 40%. But you'll want to be careful with the nursing. Breast milk is high in fat, so you might not want to goof around with your pie chart it too much. I have the Shred and love it, but you might to mix it up a bit and get your muscles a little confused. If you can do the Shred easily, then its definitely time for a change, maybe you can just increase the size of your hand weights.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Okay, here's the update. I dropped those stubborn 2 lbs, but now have been stuck at 170 for over a week.
I am going to bump up to level 3 on the Shred, and see if that helps.

Any other tips?