Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/25/10

Old 05-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/25/10

Hi Everyone...it's that time again! Check in what worked, check in what didn't, check in whatever you're keeping track of
Old 05-24-2010, 10:46 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies!

This has been an unusual week for me in that I only lifted weights twice. Many distractions and, frankly, my body probably needed the break. Not having my laptop handy, I've resorted to tracking foods on paper the old-fashioned way. Sorry I haven't been as consistent on the forum-I've missed reading how everyone is doing!

Okay, my weight is still at 119#, measurements are inching their way slowly down. I usually just measure my waist and thighs (my trouble spots) which are currently at 27" (waist) and 19" (thighs). Since I set a goal of 118# by the end of the month, this coming week I intend to focus on clean nutrition (no free meals). There's nothing like having a definite target date to battle procrastination!

I look forward to reading how everyone's week has gone.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, I need a cheer leading squad today. I am up another 1/2 pound, making a two week total gain of 3 1/2 lbs. I feel like I am losing and gaining the same weight over and over again. My eating has not been great, I admit. After the M&M eating episode last weekend, I can't seem to detox from the sugar. Each day I make it until evening and load up on junk. Augh! It has to stop. I am trying to substitute fruit when I want chocolate, but it isn't working.
Hope you all had a better week. Or two....

Jan 2010 143
May (just two weeks ago ) 133
May 25th 136 1/2
Old 05-25-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Haven't been around as much as usual... once the weather gets nice, I'm out the door!

My second week of non-logging hasn't gone exactly as planned. I've actually lost two pounds mainly due to being VERY active, skipping meals and just not being hungry when it's this hot! Lots and lots of spring yard work and a vacationing hubby is keeping me on my toes. I've been eating out every day, too, since he's been home. Hmmm.... don't know. A lot of foods just don't appeal to me any more, although I've really been enjoying a big dish of my favorite frozen yogurt every night at my favorite ice cream shop!

I've added a lot of calories in, but I've also added a lot of new activity. It's a total balancing act... one that I obviously haven't mastered yet. Once you have it all figured out, a new season's activities, stress, vacations, etc. throw it all out of whack.

Keep up the good work everyone! I really enjoyed catching up on all of the posts.

quinn
Old 05-25-2010, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

C'mon Mambo, you can do it! You know how to do this. You can start fresh today...can start fresh every hour or minute, in fact...set a small goal and work toward it. You will get there!

I've been doing the sick kid drill, so eating and exercise are haphazard. It's going okay, but less opportunity to stick to a plan leaves a lot of things off the cuff. The tendency is to grab something quick, and waiting too long between meals leads to cravings and the grouchies. This too shall pass...but what a stinky week to start summer vacation .
Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone-- no change here...still 132. But no gain, either, so I guess my old bod just LOVES this weight!!! I totally blew it a couple of times, and didn't get enough exercise as usual, so maybe once school is over I can change my habits a bit. Here's hoping! Hang in there Mambo....you and I started with the same weight and have the same goal....we've been on track most of the time and I know how frustrating those lbs between 133-136 are!!!! Kick em to the curb, girl! You can do it! Have a great week everyone! Sharon
Old 05-25-2010, 02:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone!

So nice to catch up with all of you beautiful ladies!

Beth, you almost made it!!! Be proud of yourself!

Quinn & Cassie, kudos to you for maintaining! It has gotten warmer over here as well, so can't wait to spend some time outdoors!!

Mambogirl, I totally feel you! Since I started logging my food I lost and gained and lost the same pounds over and over again. So this week I'm down one pound, even though I had lots of yummy food on Saturday and couldn't work out due to a horrible flu. I've decided to stop weighting myself for the time being, because my weight doesn't account for the fact that my body has started to change. I'm definetly tighter and smaller (I can finally fit into a pair of trousers I couldn't wear for three years, woohoo!), so i don't want the scales to stress me out. It would be nice to see a definite change though...

Have a great week everyone!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mambogirl81
Ok, I need a cheer leading squad today. I am up another 1/2 pound, making a two week total gain of 3 1/2 lbs. I feel like I am losing and gaining the same weight over and over again. My eating has not been great, I admit. After the M&M eating episode last weekend, I can't seem to detox from the sugar. Each day I make it until evening and load up on junk. Augh! It has to stop. I am trying to substitute fruit when I want chocolate, but it isn't working.
Hope you all had a better week. Or two....

Jan 2010 143
May (just two weeks ago ) 133
May 25th 136 1/2
I find it difficult to get back on track after I slip too. One suggestion I have is try those mini candybars (size you hand out at Halloween). I find if I keep those on hand and have one per day, that eventually I really don't care if I have one some days. I get my chocolate fix though in a much more calorie friendly dose and then don't feel deprived because I can have one each day. Hope that helps!!
Old 05-25-2010, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Sadly I am up .8 pounds. I am hoping it's due to Aunt Flo's visit early next week. I am still forging ahead.

I know what I did wrong - too many drinks on Friday followed my senseless eating way too late at night. Unfortunately this is not that out of the ordinary but I suppose identifying the issue is the first step towards trying to change it. I sound like I am making an excuse here but, my friends showed up at my house before we could have dinner and before I could go to the liquor store. That meant unhealthy eating at probably 2 AM since I was hungry (sure the alcohol contributed to that) and then drinking higher calorie drinks since I did not have my own light beer.

BUT here's what I did right last week - on Thursday when we went to the grocery store I bought a ton of veggies. I do not eat veggies. Well I was surprised I really liked them! I found the same thing when I incorporated fruit into my diet a couple of years ago. I actually craved cucumbers on Saturday! Weird... I didn't get as many veggies in on Sunday and actually missed them.

Monday and today I have a lunch packed with fruit, veggies, yogurt and grapenuts. My thought is if I fill up on the healthy stuff first, them there is less room for the not so healthy stuff.

I am also trying not to eat after about 6 PM. Last night I was hungry around 8. I waited, drank water, but the hunger did not pass. I eyeballed the leftovers from dinner and the crackers in the pantry but you know what - I had an apple. My body is going to freak out on me any minute now...

I feel like I am doing a lot of experimenting to see what works and does not work for me because ultimately I want to eat better without having to count calories.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Got my scales working but forgot to weigh myself this morning! doh - that's what getting up at 5am with a toddler does to you, makes you forgetful!! will weigh in morning and let you know but can't imagine there's been any change (again) but the good new is that since I started back to work yesterday I am finding it much easier to be good; take food to eat during day to work, eat small portion of dinner when I get in - job done!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.