Community
Notices
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mnge

good carbs

Old 06-10-2015, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Question good carbs

I started Whole30 yesterday. After speaking with several people, they are worried I won't be getting enough needed carbs. What fruit and veg. have more carbs?
Old 06-10-2015, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Smile

All fruits and vegetables have carbs. They also have vitamins and minerals. They vary in nutritional value.

What does your doctor think of your diet plan?
Old 06-10-2015, 08:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Marytryingthis
I started Whole30 yesterday. After speaking with several people, they are worried I won't be getting enough needed carbs. What fruit and veg. have more carbs?
i tried low carbs food before .it is ok but you couldn't eat low carbs food always . one or two times a week is enough . otherwise it is not very healthy .
Old 03-27-2016, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by clairelv
i tried low carbs food before .it is ok but you couldn't eat low carbs food always . one or two times a week is enough . otherwise it is not very healthy .
Hi Claire, I am three weeks into a High Fat Low Carb diet and eat less than 50grams of carbs a day. According to the Real Meal Revolution carbs are not necessary for good health. Protein and Fat are essential but carbs are not. I have now avoided the sugar rush spikes which leave you hungry and searching for more carbs - I feel calm and serene. I plan to avoid carbs for the rest of my life ......
Old 08-05-2016, 07:47 PM
FitDay Member

You can have these foods:
Corn, bananas, cereal, green peas, sweet potatoes and blueberries.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default another berry good thing!

thanks fitdayers! didn't know blueberries are low carb too. Have been researching what foods are good for certain conditions (stress, fatigue, new moms or moms to be, cancer, poor or declining eyesight, poor appetite) and blueberries keep popping up.

Please note, not suggesting they will cure or change these conditions, they must have a lot of nutrients in them though for them to be suggested so many times.
kkonoske likes this.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Low carb diets are fine as long as you are conscious of getting in enough veggies and fibre. Also replacing carbs with fats and protein i.e. not just removing a macronutrient.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

carbs are more important than people think. bodybuilders often say they need more protein to feed the muscle which may be true but carbs hit the muscle and feed it faster
Old 09-15-2017, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Default No need for carbs

Originally Posted by DavidWallace
carbs are more important than people think. bodybuilders often say they need more protein to feed the muscle which may be true but carbs hit the muscle and feed it faster
Your body really does not need carbs! Bodybuilders might need it because they are trying to GAIN weight, but if you want to loose it, cutting out carbs really boosts the process.