View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
smtpena
FitDay Member

I received the Wii console and Wii Fit Plus w/ balance board for Christmas. I LOVE IT! I started tracking my food intake on fitday.com at the beginning of October and joined my local gym in November. I was averaging 1.0 to 1.5 lb. weight loss per week, however, in December, I hit a plateau and hadn't lost any weight in three weeks. After Christmas, I added a daily 30 minute workout on the Wii Fit Plus and low and behold, I lost 2.4 lbs. that first week and then an additional 4 lbs. the following week! I'm sure it's my body's way of adjusting to my daily workouts (as opposed to 3-4 times a week before I got the Wii) and I certainly don't expect these type of results this week, but I was ecstatic when I saw the results. My favorite game is the free run. I can just start that game for 30 minutes, switch to my favorite TV show (the Wii remote takes over and guides you through the rest of the game) and before I know it, my 30 minutes are up and I'm sweating up a storm. I still go to the gym, but having my Wii at home assures me that I will get my workout in no matter what (NO EXCUSES!). I highly recommend it.
smtpena is offline   Reply With Quote