Notices

Where did that 19lbs come from?

Old 02-06-2015, 09:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default Where did that 19lbs come from?

I need to lose 19lbs. Winter weight, increased appetite from meds, no motivation to go out and exercise on dark cold nights. All of these things have taken their toll. 19lbs is a hell of a lot on me and I need to get rid of it, quick.
I am thinking high protein, low carb and 3 times a week cardio for 45 mins to an hour. Will that do? I need help, any buddies out there in the same boat?

Last edited by imogen72; 02-06-2015 at 09:18 AM. Reason: new to the forum, maybe not the right thread!
Old 02-06-2015, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ohelp
I have a lot more than 19 lbs to lose. The community here is incredibly supportive, and doesn't judge you if you're going through a bad patch.

Nobody seems to mind too much where you post what; you are going to be a success story soon. Lots of smart losers post in the motivational thread - there's a new one each week. I think this week's is called Choose to Lose.
Thanks, I'll have a look.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:49 PM
FitDay Member

if you're finding it difficult then it's important to have some easy steps at hand
Old 06-15-2018, 12:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by imogen72
I need to lose 19lbs. Winter weight, increased appetite from meds, no motivation to go out and exercise on dark cold nights. All of these things have taken their toll. 19lbs is a hell of a lot on me and I need to get rid of it, quick.
I am thinking high protein, low carb and 3 times a week cardio for 45 mins to an hour. Will that do? I need help, any buddies out there in the same boat?
Feeling lazy, no energy, etc. is a symptom of processed food, carbs and sugar (even fruit). Cut all grains (yes, even the "healthy" whole grains), processed food, starchy carbs (like potatoes) and sugar from your diet. Also, add more healthy fats to encourage fat-adaption. If your body isn't getting healthy fats in eggs, bacon, avocados, butter, avocado/olive/coconut oils, it will hang on to the fat. In fact, excess carbs past 100g or 150g per day is converted to fat, because the body has no place to store it... and if you're not fat-adapted to burn it off later and keep consuming carbs and sugar, you will never burn the fat off. Restricting carbs very low forces the body to use fat as a fuel - you're not giving it a choice, so you will burn fat.

Also, try to eat 3 or fewer meals per day - and stop snacking. Each time you eat food, you produce some amount of insulin. Not eating reduces insulin. Try to do 2 larger meals per day, and even better, do them in an 8 hour window to maximize the time insulin is low - and you will burn fat.

Also, eat only whole foods and quality meats - it does make a big difference.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight - a dumb fallacy I wish conventional wisdom would let go of. Weight loss has nothing to do with consuming less and exercising more. The story is all about insulin production. You gained weight because you produced insulin. Now you need to lower insulin - so 70-75% fat, 20-25% protein and 5% carb. (for example, 20g carbs, 80g protein and 90g fat). Lowering insulin will stop the storage of fat and you will switch to burning fat once your glucose runs out. You will burn fat at least half of the day, and this is why exercise is moot. It won't take you that long - I bet it will take 1-1.5 months tops. And after you lose the weight, just stick to the same diet or it will happen again. Grains and sugar in particular are toxic, addictive and harmful to most humans, not to mention their nutrition doesn't remotely compare to vegetables, fish, eggs and meat.

Also, try to lower stress, if that's an issue for you. Chronic cardio = stress. So is interacting with horrible people. Stress will disrupt weight loss efforts no matter what you do. If you really want to exercise, just go for relaxing walks in the morning while fasted and do squats, push-ups and things like that only. 45-60 minutes cardio is insanely not healthy for you and it'll work against you. There's already enormous studies of people going to the gym 3-5 days per week doing cardio for 1 hour each time for months and months and they never lost any weight, either due to increased stress or ghrelin hormone causing them to be hungrier than if they hadn't exercised so hard. Exercising hard also burns glucose - not fat - so you won't get anywhere. Don't add 1 more body to those statistics.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by egervari; 06-15-2018 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:40 PM
FitDay Member

I think the best bet would be to increase your dedication and look into intermittent fasting if you really want to cut the weight quickly
Old 07-06-2018, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I think that would do just great! You may add a little bit of strength training to your program to build some muscle and increase your metabolic rate.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:54 PM
FitDay Member

This has made it difficult to import basic goods like food, creating shortages and price hikes on the items that are available. As a result, it is increasingly relying on cheap foods like potatoes.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:46 PM
Banned

if you're finding it difficult then it's important to have some easy steps at hand
Old 11-07-2018, 07:35 PM
FitDay Member

I think it may be stress.
Old 09-17-2019, 08:08 PM
FitDay Member

Dont worry bro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.