Notices

alphabetize custom foods

Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default alphabetize custom foods

how can I alphabetizer or categorize custom foods so I don't have to root thru the list to find something.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Super Moderator

Mine are alphabetized. You can also search for them to find them quicker.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

It is my custom list that is not alphabetized, it lists in the same order that I entered the food item. the program supplied food items are in the correct order.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:59 PM
FitDay Member

seriously impressed with your progress pictures, looking fine!!!! How did you post them?
Old 02-03-2015, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs down alphabetize custom foods

How can some users have an "automatically" alphabetically sorted Custom Foods list and most other users seem to be in the same boat as I am.. list is shown chronologically. I purchased the PC FitDay V2 today, Feb 3, 2015. Downloaded to my PC ..no problems. I had a much older version (1.0.0.6) and during the install of 2.0, I was prompted as to whether or not I wanted to keep my "old" list of Custom Foods. Said Yes and the install completed without a problem.
I still can NOT sort the Custom Foods list. Is this ability only on the "Premium" version? Should I completely delete everything in my Custom Foods list and start over? Does the PC v2 version even support a sorted Custom Foods list? If not, why not? Trying to find a selection in a chronological list is the pits. This short fall is so glaringly obvious that I can not understand why v2 did not have it as one of it's primary "fixes".
FitDay... any chance of a patch, or am I doing something wrong, or are we all stuck with a difficult Customs Food listing?
Old 02-03-2015, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Do you always enter your custom food with the first letter of the first word capitalized? I notice from time to time that a food has disappeared, apparently, from my custom foods list (which shows up alphabetized) and it shows up at the bottom of the list. When I edit it to change that first letter (which is the starting point for sorting in alphabetical order), it 'fixes' the problem.

Ummm - I just realized that you said your entries are listed chronologically, as in the 'recently added foods' listing. That IS strange, and has nothing to do with sorting by caps!

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-03-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2015, 09:51 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the quick reply. And yes, I even tried the "trick" of going into edit, changing the first letter to lower case, saving and seeing if that changed the list in any way. Nope. Then I turned FitDay off and restarted the program so that it would be forced to re-read the database. No luck. Did this several times and finally had to give up. I am beginning to think that when v2 loaded and adopted the old Custom Food data, it somehow lost whatever ability it had to sort alphabetically. What I might try is to go into "File" and begin a new account with a different name and test Custom Foods to see if it will magically sort the entries the way I want.
Will post an entry with this test results.
Thanks again.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:08 AM
FitDay Member

This just keeps going off the weird meter. I started a "New" account and per the applications notice, I did NOT use the old database and created a "clean" database with no entries. Went into Custom Foods and added the following test entries:
Kent
Alpha
AAse
and no sorting took place. The Custom Foods list looks exactly like what I have shown above. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-03-2015, 10:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Me Again...

One last test... Tried a warm reboot (Restart). No Luck.
Custom Foods list is still chronologically listed. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

In the meantime, instead of scrolling up and down through your list, looking for the item you want, you can use Ctrl+F and your computer will pop up a little search bar where you can search for the word/item on the page.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.