Thread: Atkins
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:38 AM   #93 (permalink)
RichardBuckner
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyj89 View Post
I am beginning, once again, to live a healthier life and Atkins seems to be the only program that works for me.

Ten years ago I lost 85 lbs on Atkins, but sadly, like you Richard, I lost not just one, but both of my parents within 10 months of each other, AND I went through a long nasty divorce. Of course, with all of the stress, I lost my momentum, and ate myself back to my original weight, and beyond. I now have hypertension, diabetes, and other health issues. I have basically been killing myself with my food addiction.

My life begins NOW. I have already lost 4 lbs, and I am thankful for this site to give me all the bells and whistles I need to encourage myself (love those charts). I wish all of you luck, whatever program you are on. If anyone needs a "partner in crime", to get us through the rough spots and celebrate our victories, I'm here. Holly
Sorry about your losses. Death(s) make us change into different people. A month before my mom died my best childhood friend died. A week after my best friend in the state died and when at his funeral in San Jose I lost the relationship with my adopted niece, the only relative I have on this side of the continent. I trimmed down to 191 to get in a dark suit for mom's burial but my brother was a real jerk with the probate. I gained back to 221 but lost 11 pounds in 12 days. This time I am doing it for ME.

Hey, hang in there. I have some great news I would like to share with you.
I would consider being diet buddies with you. Do you have a Yahoo Account?
Rick
RichardBuckner is offline   Reply With Quote