Notices

Weekend Challenge - Part 2

Old 05-20-2010, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weekend Challenge - Part 2

Ok ladies last weekends challenge was a hit..and lots of request for another one!
How did you do last weekend...was it a good one...was it better then ususual?? Think you can up your exercise more,. or eat less?? Whatever your challenge is...let us know. We want to hear your plan and how you will achieve it.

" You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be-David Viscott

Last edited by pattialbert; 05-20-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

Ok last weekend was better then they have been lately but still have some improvements to make...

this is a long weekend for me here in Canada and I have 4 days off...have to keep myself out of the fridge. Im going to write down a plan for the weekend and stick to it.

plan:
stick to menu
go for extra walk-planned this last weekend but didtn do it this weekend I will
do something fun with dh this weekend! (sometimes its not about the eating or exercising)

what are you going to do for yourself?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

1. Water, water, water... I need to bump up water to over 100 ounces with the amount I am sweating everyday I am actually getting dehydrated.
2. Get all my workouts in - with the 2 extra additions: 6.5 miles biked and 4 Sun Salutations every morning.
3. To push myself harder at Bootcamp this Sunday
4. To remain motivated and enthusiastic about my journey - I commit to this process until my birthday (8 more weeks) before I allow myself to consider quitting again. Maybe then I will see how far I've come and commit to another 8 weeks. I'm going to get there if I have to do it in baby steps!
5. Once again - I will *try* to give my honey some sugar... ugh. It's not the idea of the sugar, it's the idea of the partner ! LOL.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM
FitDay Member

I have numerous events this weekend. Really every weekend is pretty social for me because I have no kids and lots of social friends. It's a blessing so I shouldn't complain but oh my god it's a struggle food-wise.

Ok so my goal at these gatherings is to keep my head on straight. I go completely insane and eat waayy to much. Like over 3000 cals! hello. that is a b**ch to burn off. So I'm going to repeat mantras in my head. I don't know what the mantras will be...I have to work on that and report back!!

SkinnyErinn, I feel bad that you don't want to be with your partner?! Is it always like this? Do you you really have to stay with her?

Please don't even consider quitting. Make your goals smaller before you quit. Don't let the numbers on the scale rule your happiness... they are just numbers! Slow and steady, we keep continuing on...
Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by blackrhino2
SkinnyErinn, I feel bad that you don't want to be with your partner?! Is it always like this? Do you you really have to stay with her?
No, I don't. Unfortunately... she is over the moon in love with me and won't leave, no matter how much I ask her to. We've broken up more than I can count because I am generally pretty unhappy with her and need something more, but... the relationship keeps coming back like a bad penny. It has been like this pretty much from the beginning, the sad thing is that I am actually a VERY sexual person... but I can't overcome my extreme unhappiness in my relationship to be physical with her. We've been together 4 years and have 2 kids. So, I figure once the baby is 18, I can begin my life, lol.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 AM
FitDay Member

Last weekend was okay.

This weekend...we have deconstruction of the only bit of remaining deck, and excavation for the greenhouse footings planned. So lots of nailbiting and hauling of excess dirt. I should top out on exercise this weekend--usually I don't do my weekday workouts on the weekend for that reason.

Food wise, I want to keep my calories in check, but give myself my weekend treat of a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of beers. A good solid breakfast each day should help keep me in check.

Saturday the kids and I will be going to "dinners done right" and preparing 12 meals for the freezer. LOVE that place. It'll take us an hour or so and we'll have 12 good quality tasy meals in the freezer, ready to thaw and cook when we need them. And the best part of that is that I have all the nutrition info printed already!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Jeez that really is rough Erinn. I hope she has some good qualities that you would miss if you left her!? If not, then that is a bad spot. In my head I think I would totally leave if I were you but I guess you guys have a whole life together and it's hard to just pick up and move out. Anyways, giving her some sugar can't make it any worse!!! Maybe she'll be a better S.O. with some extra lovin?

ok, i don't want to throw the whole thread off topic so I won't post any more about this...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Blackrhino, I'm totally with you on the WAY overeating thing. When I pig out on weekends I usually overeat by an entire pound (3500 calories)!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

This weekend I'm planning on not oversleeping for step aerobics on Saturday morning. I'm also going to go to step aerobics and zumba on Sunday. As for eating, since I usually overeat all 3 weekend days, I am only going to overeat on one day. Although that will be a hard one...my friend and I are planning a Lost finale party (I know...I'm a total dork) with tons of food. Hopefully I don't eat an entire pound in one night!
Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 PM
FitDay Member

This thread really helped last weekend...having my goals written down and "public" made me more accountable and made me more successful!

My goals/challenges for this weekend:
1. Drink 80-100oz water each day.
2. Run at least 6 miles.
3. Make healthy choices when eating out.
4. Stay at or below 1200 calories each day.

Best of luck, ladies! Remember, don't give up what you want most for what you want at the moment!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.