Thread: Day One
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wylie7
FitDay Member

Hi Mego\'s, I took it very slow. I had about 20 lb to lose, but chose to work on getting fit first. I went to a personal trainer, because I also had trouble getting out to exercise and I have 2 young kids so exercising at home is impossible. That way I had an appointment to get to and someone to hold me accountable. A class with people in the same situation might do the same thing. It took me 6 weeks to go from being able to get through a 20 minute workout (almost passing out), to get to an hour workout barely able to walk, but feeling ok. Now, 5 months later, I love my workouts and can't go without. I also do my workouts on my own, no more trainer.

6 weeks in, I didn't see any weight loss results so I decided to join fit day. I logged the food I ate for 3 days and I got a real eye opener. No wonder I wasn't losing, I ate crappy food and way more than I should be. So that day I decided I would eat 500 calories below my baseline and get rid of the sugar and fatty snacks. I was hungry for a few weeks, but now I can't eat as much as I used to and I feel a lot better. I'm almost at my goal weight, and it has been a long hard road but it is well worth it!

For me it was a mental game that I still play with myself and I imagine I always will. I only exercise at the gym at work now, unless there is yard work to do at home. I love my time with my family too much to waste time exercising on my own. Anyway, I hope my story lets you know that you are not alone and gives you some ideas, no matter the amount of weight you have to lose.
Wylie7 is offline   Reply With Quote