Thread: Help Please
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Sveva
FitDay Member

Hello... I just wrote a really BIG reply and lost it. I can't remember what I said so I guess I will start over...

I certainly can understand the chronic pain you suffer from! I have fibromyalgia and I too have to deal with chronic pain. That is why I like exercising in the pool. The weightlessness keeps from aggravating my condition. I do both shallow water and deep water aquacize, but I prefer the deep water as it is no-impact! Even swimming is a great exercise. I lost 70 pounds a few years ago with swimming. Even treading water burns 5 calroies per minute! And like I said, you do not hurt from it. Sure you have the OH MY GOODNESS I JUST SWAM FOR AN HOUR kind of hurt but not the I THINK I AM GOING TO DIE kind of hurt that anything else causes.

The 1500 calories is great! Another thing that has worked for me in the past is making a chart to log your servings of fruits & veggies, dairy products, protien, and breads & cereals, so that you know you are getting your recommended daily servings. I also take the One-A-Day Weight Smart multivitamin. Amazon.com: One-A-Day Weight Smart Dietary Supplement (100 Tablets): Health & Personal Care

You are doing everything right. Just take it one day at a time, and remember we are here if you need us!

Bonne Chance!

I'm not a perfect girl,
my hair doesn't always stay in place,
I spill a LOTof things
& I am pretty clumsy,
but when I think about it & take a stepback,
I remember how
amazing
my life truly is,
And that
MAYBE
I like being