Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work >

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Old 11-10-2014, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

It is a new week and I intend to tackle it one day at a time.

Monday - Still working
Tuesday - Catching up at home
Wednesday - Snow tires
Thursday - Shovel driveway if needed
Friday - Is for me
Saturday - Local election day
Sunday - Day of Worship
Old 11-10-2014, 02:46 AM
Super Moderator

Annette, life happened last week. I ended up walking the 3 miles I set out to do. I forgot to weigh in this morning but I doubt that I'm down any. They week started off good but the weekend resulted in a trip to New Orleans. While I don't drink, it's hard (well impossible) not to go and over indulge in food.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning All!

Stuck to my food plan all weekend, but it resulted in a 1 lb. gain.... grrrrrr. Hoping it's just sodium. Already have my 2 miles in for today. Another way too early winter storm has just begun. 5-8" today with another 3-5" during the night tonight. Currently the snow is just gently falling and I have to admit, I really enjoyed my walk today. It's really beautiful here in November, December and January. But then by February, you want to stab yourself in the eye with a fork. lol

My goals for the week are simple:

1. Stick to mostly 1 ingredient foods.
2. Weigh in daily.
3. Stick to calorie limit.
4. Walk daily, unless it's raining.
5. Drink water, coffee, tea throughout the day.
Old 11-10-2014, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, thanks for starting us off. Great to plan ahead and take things a day at a time.

Mike, it just seems like a waste to go to New Orleans and NOT indulge in the food. Kudos on the three miles!

Quinn, we all know that one pound gain could be scale fluctuation, water retention, whatever. If you didn't eat 3500 calories too much, don't fret about the scale number. Oh, my, I forgot you get the winter storms early. We haven't had any yet in southwest Ohio. Glad you enjoyed your walk. LOL on your take on February. Nice simple goals this week.

Happy to report that I finally had the nerve to step on the scale because I felt so much less bloated and the aching in my legs and knees finally let up--that was probably water retention. Anyway, I'm down 2.8 lbs. from my last doctor visit and I know I had regained several pound since then, so my net loss included a couple pounds of fat, too. I'm encouraged now.

My goals this week will be simple again--clean eating, continued baby steps in exercise, plenty of water.
Old 11-10-2014, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I have tried several times to join in again but every time it says I am not logged in. I hope it works this time.
This weeks goals
drink lots of water
calories under 1100
15 min. exercise
post daily
Old 11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Mern,
Getting on the scale was the hardest part for me, too. Congrats on getting up the nerve! I hadn't been on the scale in about 6-8 weeks and found a 9 lb. gain. I know that it was emotional eating. I had a doctors appointment 2 weeks ago to see if any of my issues returned and I had myself convinced that it was going to be bad news. Before the appt., I pretty much gave myself permission to eat and cook anything I wanted. I had perfect news, nothing returned, but she (the doctor) noticed a pretty big jump in my weight... oops! With a clean bill of health, I have a new found energy to get my weight down and get back in shape for the holidays. My goal is to get into my favorite LBD by our Christmas party Dec. 18th.
Old 11-11-2014, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Looks like I'm home bound today. We had 8" of snow yesterday with another 5-8" forecast for today with 30 mph wind gusts. The county hasn't even plowed the road in front of my house yet. Normally, I would be happy to jump into my kitchen and start cooking and baking today, but that's kind of how I got into this extra weight in the first place. May be a great day to do some online Christmas shopping. Unless the winds go down, my walk is off the table for today too.
Old 11-11-2014, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, glad you made it on. I've been getting logged out while posting and have to save my post and log in again. It works for me the second time around. Best wishes on those great goals!

Quinn, first of all, congrats on the clean bill of health. Wishing you getting into that little black dress by your Christmas party. We all KNOW you can do it. My story is a regain AFTER a great checkup. I usually go to the doc every three to four months. When my new doc told me in September I was doing so well I don't need to come back for another weigh-in and blood test until March, I decided to take a free pass, thinking I could eat whatever I want for a while and not get caught. I got so that I felt all bloated and my knees and legs were killing me from the extra weight and water retention. After just one week back on the wagon I feel SO much better. Good thought to do some online shopping rather than baking due to all the snow causing you to be homebound.

It's 10AM and I haven't eaten breakfast yet due to driving my grandson to school and running some errands. So my menu starts with brunch:

Brunch: boneless, skinless chicken breast and spinach creamed with a low carb Alfredo sauce.

Snack: vanilla protein shake with zero cholesterol eggs and nutmeg--tastes like egg nog. Yum.

Dinner: baked cod, sauteed cabbage, and broccoli slaw with ranch dressing.

Evening snack: flaxmeal muffin and celery spread with soy nut butter
Old 11-11-2014, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Yum! Your menu has a lot of my favorites! Just found out that the Christmas party is the 13th, not the 18th... the pressure is on! lol
Old 11-11-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Okay everyone, I finally made it out of bed. Had to skip one of my meds because I slept in. It is an on an empty stomach med, at least an hour before my heart meds. Priorities came into play.

My reasons for sleeping in were two-fold. One, I was reading in bed, celebrating the fact that I didn't have to go to work today. Two, my daughter decided to celebrate with her twin as well and didn't come home till near 1 am. I deserved it, she deserved it. We're all good now.

I got the jump on my list of chores for the day. I don't intend to do them all today, but these are the jobs that I have to work at:
  • Windows - inside and outside
  • Kitchen - dishes
  • sweep and mop
  • Living room - vacuum
  • de-clutter
  • Bedroom - sort clothes
  • clear closet
  • Sunroom - rearrange furniture
  • Outside - burning (6 days left)
  • clearing driveway
  • last mow

I am out of eggs and the milk is sour, so I will have to make an egg free waffle for breakfast. I have some frozen fruit I can thaw to put with it.

I still have squash soup in the freezer that I can thaw for lunch.

I have a package of salmon fillets in the freezer and brussel's sprouts in the fridge for dinner.

For snacks, I still have plain yogurt left, and lemons. It just needs a little sweetener of some sort and I'm good.

Tomorrow I shop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.