Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/17/10

Old 05-18-2010, 11:01 AM
FitDay Member

Happy B-Day Missmatch!

My laptop died this week...and getting to my desktop computer is not as convenient, thus I haven't been online as much. So, like Quinn, I have not logged my nutrition the past couple of days, but I still write it down (unlike Quinn who obviously is doing fantastic!) because it helps me see the big picture. Rather than counting calories, I've been putting happy faces on good choices and frowns on "not-so-good" ones. Not very scientific, but it works for me--at least 'till I get a new laptop. I've also gotten back to juicing this week, which I love doing...even though it's a pain to clean and noisy. Makes me feel like I'm loading my body with nutrients.

Okay, this week I'm down 3 pounds to 119#, but measurements are basically the same. I always take the scale readings with a grain of salt since so many variables factor into it. I used to be a skinny fat person...low weight but lots of flab. In fact if I don't lift weights for a week, it's not unusual to drop 3-5 # on the scale. No thanks...I'll take lean body mass over a couple of pounds on the scale any day!

I'm focusing on cultivating a mindset of understanding how the foods I eat are enhancing cellular function. I get on these kicks a couple of times a year. Kind of helps me be mindful and breaks the monotony of calorie counting and scale focus.

I always like reading Sharon's posts about loving ourselves unconditionally (thanks Sharon)! Hope the finals go well for you!

Cassie, you are wise to not work through an injury! It helps to focus on what I can do rather than what I cannot when I'm nursing an injury. I don't play tennis, but do have tennis elbow that acts up from time to time. Ouch!

Congrats to you all who are in the "zone" and hugs to those who have struggled--oh heck, hugs to everyone
Old 05-18-2010, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

hi everyone! I'm new to the site, and I'm hoping to start my weight loss tomorrow with some tennis!
I'm glad to be on this site, where I can tell everyone is very supportive
Old 05-18-2010, 02:43 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie* Am I the only one that doesn't know what DL is? lol

Beth* Sounds like you're doing great... getting awfully close to goal, my dear!!! I'm afraid that I'm one of those skinny fat people that you described! lol (...just my thighs)
My legs are strong, but not so well defined. I'm feeling a little "puny".

So happy to see 3 pages of check-ins!!! Wow. What a thrill to see this thread grow and prosper into an awesome community of support and kindness. Thanks to all. Such a strong, motivated group of women. Each of you contributes something unique. I read other threads and some can get a little "catty" and mean. But not this one. It's always a source of support. Just wanted to say that I think you're all awesome!

quinn
Old 05-18-2010, 03:02 PM
Super Moderator

I agree! Everyone here is nothing but uplifting and thought-provoking. It's great to go back and read old posts and see everyone's thoughts when I get to the point of being frustrated.

(and Quinn, DL is disabled list...a holdover from the days when the boy played baseball )

Glad to hear you're doing well, Beth. It's amazing how dependent we become on these electronic little buggers, isn't it? Cellular functioning sounds intriguing...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Hello, my name is Dana, I'm new to this site, not new to the struggle though. After having two children I have been trying to lose 10lbs unsuccessfully. I have a hard time sticking to it and lose confidence all the time. I have decided that visually seeing my progress and tracking my eating and my exercising might help me to lose these stubborn 10 lbs, I'd go for more but right now I just want a small goal. I'm 145, looking to hit 135. Although I have a very active job, daycare educator for 5 year olds. I have not been exercising as I would like, with two kids and a full time job it's hard to find the time. So to battle this problem I started walking on my lunch hour, mostly uphill and running some stairs. I also brought my weights to work for the days that I don't walk. I have been slacking here and hope that by joining you I might find the motivation to stick to my exercise and eating routine. I am carrying all 10lbs on my tummy, mommy tummy, and it's just not healthy.

You girls seem like an awesome bunch from what I have read and I hope I might join you in your journey.

Dana
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

Great job working out at lunch Dana! We are glad to have you!!

Welcome to Bellanocha too. I hope your tennis game didn't get rained out today!
Old 05-19-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hey, Dana! Welcome to our group! We check in here once a week (Tuesdays) to be honest about our progress, or lack thereof.

Please follow us back to the 5-15 lb. club thread. Glad to have you here!

quinn
Old 05-19-2010, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks, Cassie! I feel better now. My daughter was reading posts as I was typing and said, "You don't know what DL means?" When I told her no, she gave me an extremely urban definition that made my hair curl and I assured her it had nothing to do with a group of women exercising and losing weight! LOL OMG! We laughed and laughed!

quinn
Old 05-19-2010, 04:39 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

current weight: 172lbs
Starting weight: 180lbs
total weight loss: 8lbs

at first for the week i only saw a change of 0.5 lbs but once i started thinking to where i was about 8 weeks ago and where I am now, i am amazed and exited! i've lost 8lbs! only 6 more to get to that 15lbs goal

i coulnt be happier, i know theres still a long road to ahead of me but Im so happy to see the results not only on the scale but in the way my clothes feel and the way I feel...lets keep it up ladies