Notices

Low Carb Diet?

Old 08-27-2014, 06:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default low carb diet

Hi
What is Low Carb Diet?
What are its benefits?
Is it helpful in losing weight or something?
Old 08-28-2014, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Anne3091. I have struggled with the whole "low carb diet" maddness. I have lost much weight (and gained it back) on the famous Atkins diet. Some have had much success with this diet (me being one of them) however once you lose the weight and you go back to old eating habits of higher carbs the weight does come back on and MORE. Lower carb diet help those those who are indeed addicted to sugars and starches. Moderation is key I woul have to state.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Smilesnsunshine
Anne3091. I have struggled with the whole "low carb diet" maddness. I have lost much weight (and gained it back) on the famous Atkins diet. Some have had much success with this diet (me being one of them) however once you lose the weight and you go back to old eating habits of higher carbs the weight does come back on and MORE. Lower carb diet help those those who are indeed addicted to sugars and starches. Moderation is key I woul have to state.
That's really kind of you. I am definitely going to try this, so true, so that diet is specially for me because I love sugar in sweet products such chocolates and all.
Old 10-28-2014, 01:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by kananaka
I started eating low carb today.

I've been following a 1500-1600 calorie diet for a couple of months, and I've managed to lose a whopping 4 pounds.

But the most reason I need a low carb diet is because the effect sugar -- or anything that dissolves to sugars -- have on my bladder.

Even eating the relatively low carbs (around 100) that I kept with the calorie-restricted diet plays havoc with my bladder, so I thought I'd try eating very low carb, so today I took in about 25 carbs. (I know it isn't Atkins induction-level, but I have to be realistic about how I eat, and use what I have at home.)

The day included a one-mile swim (as three days a week do).

When I took my blood sugar after swimming for an hour (three hours after a breakfast of eggs and bacon, but before eating lunch), my blood sugar was 135.

I forgot to take a reading the rest of the day, but when I took my blood sugar at almost bedtime (and therefore almost-time-to-take-my-dose-of-insulin) it was 211!

I'm guessing my body is releasing glucose like crazy to counteract the fact that I'm not putting any in through my stomach, but what do I do?

If I eat foods with any carbohydrates to speak of, my bladder rebels. If I eat absolutely NO carbohydrates, my blood sugar peaks, which will release sugar into my bladder, and it rebels.

Not eating anything at all is NOT an option!

Anybody have any ideas for me to try?

(For what it's worth, I'm a 60-year old woman, with insulin-dependent type 2 diabetes since 2009 -- diabetes since 2004 or so. I'm moderately active.)

Your Tread is very appreciative and good to read.I totally agree with you. A low Card Diet is used to reduce weight because it contains low carbohydrates. Low Crab diets have also some good health Benefits like reduce risk of Cancer,Diabetes and Metabolic syndrome.