Notices

One meal/one snack per day...

Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default One meal/one snack per day...

I'm trying out a new diet...One meal at 4:00pm and one snack like a p&j sandwich about bedtime. The logic here is that I can skip breakfast and lunch, and hold out till 4:00 then eat a regular meal which should tide me over till bedtime, then have a light snack and go to bed...start over again the next day doing the same...no other snacks, but I can drink all the coffee or tea or water I want. It's already showing results after only one day.

I picked 4:00 pm because that's about the halfway point of my waking day.

As I'm getting older, one meal a day makes sense, as three meals a day just seems like too much. I'm going to try this for a while... Nothing else seems to work, so cutting calories and meals down to size it my only answer...
Old 09-02-2014, 06:07 AM
Super Moderator

It's about the calories. A lot of diets stick to a range of 1600-1800 calories per day to lose weight. That's not even taking into account a person's height, level of physical activity, etc. (which fitday does).

If you think about it, dividing up 1600 calories into 3 meals and a snack doesn't give you much. So if eating just one meal and a snack works for you and it's within your calorie limit, sounds great to me! Unless you have medical issues that might make your doctor have a different opinion, it's worth a try.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

I have plenty of medical issues, but all my doctors agree that I should lose some weight, so whatever will work is what I'll do. So far day two is going along fine as planned. I'm surprised, I'm not really missing food as much as I thought I would. Seeing the scale come down is a big motivator for me.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Well after two days, the scale says I'm down 4.2 pounds....this is showing up on my Fitday goal chart as a major drop. It's a very obvious drop that coincides with the diet...funny thing is I don't feel hungry at all.. Lets hope it continues...
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, I too only eat one meal a day and the weight is falling off. I have been doing this for 10 weeks now and I'm never hungry either. I just keep it under 1000 calories a day. It works!!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default One day one meal benifits

Benifits :
Eating only one meal a day can actually make you eat less, because you are forming less of a habit to constantly eat. You are also able to eat until full so it’s really not a challenge at all, and it’s easy to keep up. You can choose the time of day you want to eat, although it’s easier to eat at the end of your day. You can easily lose or maintain your weight with this way of eating. Most people lose weight without having to monitor anything, but some may still want to monitor how much you’re actually eating so you don’t get too carried away.

When you eat this way the body is able to clear out and detox properly between meals. This gets rid of the excess water weight that added extra pounds and bulkiness to your figure, as well as fat from the reduction of calories. It’s kind of a dual effect. This way of eating might not be for everyone but if you’re tired of constantly eating, being obsessed with food, or if you feel like your eating plan is making you more bulky than slim, it just might be something worth trying.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good for you if that works for you, as long as you are eating enough calories.

On weekends I usually have only 2 meals, not to lose weight, I get up later and more active and out of the house.

During the week I tend to eat 3 meals and snacks, since I am chained to my desk at work.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

You too... chime and no need to left foot. And thanks for the appreciation.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Good work Moss star.......!!!
Old 10-26-2014, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cindmahony
Hi, I too only eat one meal a day and the weight is falling off. I have been doing this for 10 weeks now and I'm never hungry either. I just keep it under 1000 calories a day. It works!!
I happened to see this; and I'm sure you are losing weight at 1,000 calories a day, and yea for you - but doesn't that seem too low? unless you're really short?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.