View Single Post
Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
quinnesec
FitDay Member

Julia* Honestly, after the first 2 months, or so, of eating a really healthy diet of lean proteins, fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc., foods like chips and dip or deep-fried anything don't taste good anymore. My husband and I agree that if you put a batter on anything and deep fry it, whether it be fish, mushrooms, cheese curds, whatever, it all tastes the same. You don't taste the food inside, just the coating. It sounds really stupid, but I don't like the greasy "feel" in my mouth anymore. Does that make sense? It's so hard to describe.

For instance, this weekend we went to McDonald's. My husband ordered an Egg McMuffin and I had a fruit and yogurt parfait and apple dippers. I took a bite of his, and all I tasted was a dry, tasteless bun. Then, I had him try my parfait and your mouth kind of comes alive and you can taste the fresh fruit, etc. I know this probably makes no sense... lol. I just read this all back and I sound insane! But, it's true. The only thing that I can compare it to is if you told a vegetarian to eat a steak. That's how I feel now about deep fried or chips or junk. Does that make sense?

quinn

Reached 30 lb. Weight Loss Goal April, 2010
Fighting The Battle to Maintain
quinnesec is offline   Reply With Quote