Notices

5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/17/10

Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Arrow 5-15 Pounders Weekly Check-In for 5/17/10

Hope everyone had a good week! Time to check it in!
Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default This is going to be a rant...

Good morning everyone!

Seems like it's starting to show that I'm ahead a few hours

Well, I'm beginning to feel really frustrated, since my scales have moved up once again instead of down. I'm back at my starting weight: 130 lbs. And yes, I completely blew it on Saturday. I did fine all day long, but then I met up with some friends and what was intended to be nothing more than a two-hour stroll through the city turned out to be a long night of drinking. I don't even understand why I gave in. Anyhow, I regretted it in a double sense the next morning when I realized that I had consumed about - can I actually write it down?? - 2500 (!!!) calories and that i felt very sick. My whole week of calorie counting and exercising (and I did work out 4 times last week, which is quite a quantum jump for me) seems in the light of Saturday quite futile now So... I don't know. I don't want to give up just yet and I've only started to grasp the whole concept of healthy eating and I finally learned through mistake that consuming alcohol is not going to help me lose weight, but I just feel annoyed anyway.

Anyways, I hope you ladies had a great last week!
Old 05-18-2010, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Molly Sue* Don't give up... just keep going. You can't do anything about this weekend, but you can do something about today, right? Personally, I think the first 4-6 weeks are the hardest because your old ways (and foods) are still a fresh memory. After a while (for me, about 6-7 weeks) the cravings for unhealthy foods subside pretty dramatically. Over indulged in my favorite vodka this weekend myself, I must admit.

As for me... I took a big step and decided to "take off the training wheels" and not log my foods for one week. I was sure it would give me license to eat things that I wouldn't have to log, but it really didn't. After one week, I am the same weight. In fact, I even dipped into the 116's for a day. I went back into my "past weights" tab and realized that I have lost 4 lbs. in 40 days on maintenance ( 1 lb. every 10 days) so will have to up calories again. It's not that I'm afraid of gaining the weight back anymore... I'm past that. Now, it's more that my new foods and eating patterns have become habit. My husband continues to lose on maintenance at about the same rate even though this weekend we overate Thursday-Sunday due to social commitments, but we kept our eating clean. May consider including one additional 4th meal during the day somewhere.

I know this sounds like an unlikely problem to have for all of you trying to lose. But you'll see when you reach your goal, too... and you will! Maintenance is a weird balancing act trying to "undo" some of the discipline that you worked so hard to achieve while losing. From Cassie's posts, I can tell that she's experiencing the same thing, as well as my husband, so I don't feel alone.

This weeks goal continues to be to add more variety and to continue without logging, but weighing daily to catch mistakes before they become habit.

Good luck, all! Anxious to read all of your posts!

quinn
Old 05-18-2010, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Mollysue, I’m so sorry that you are gaining. I feel the SAME frustration. I am frustrated at myself. I am not surprised that I’m not losing since I am eating junk and drinking too. I am really good part of the time, maybe like 50% of the time.

I think that we just need to face this mindset change. We want to change and be happy with how we look in the mirror, but at the same time change is hard.

Last night I was so sad because it was so obvious that I was sabotaging my plans of losing weight by eating chocolate and yet I kept doing it anyway.

I know I can lose weight because I have done it in the past. I just need to pick myself up, AGAIN, and move forward. I was feeling so great on Friday weight-wise. Then Saturday happened and it leads to over eating for another two days. I wish I were more moderate in my indulgences.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Congratuations Quinn, keep on trucking!!! You are doing a fantastic job at maintenance. I'm glad to see that you continue to challenge yourself by trying to add in a few more calories and see how you do--or to try to not track and see if there are ramifications. You are certainly an inspiration. I remember that feeling--about three years ago--when I was maintaining and feeling like it was easy. I'm glad that you have your husband to maintain with.

I have a question: When you go to social events are you not tempted to eat the chips and dip that they put out? Or, are you just in the state of mind where you are so used to making the healthier decision that you can stay strong and not go for the junk? I really need to work on my mindset at social events. I feel fortunate to have lots of social events every weekend but I also find them a big struggle.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:52 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Girls, I was tempted to not weigh in today, but went ahead and did, and thought about not posting it, but then read MollySue's post and
thought "she needs to know she's not alone"

MollySue, I am up three pounds since this weekend, yes I said weekend! I ate way too many peanut M&M's followed by too many glasses of wine, celebrating how I hadn't had either for the last three months because I was getting ready for an event. I have decided that instead of letting discouragement sink in and continuing to eat, and gaining more for next week, that today is a new day and it will be a good eating day. My body feels sick after having eaten well for a while and I know the next few days may be hard as I detox from the sugar overload, but it's only a few days and I want to feel better. We can do this!

Congrats to all you girls maintaining your skinny bikini figures and to those continuing to lose. Let's all have a good eating week and keep each other accountable.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:58 AM
FitDay Member

Julia* Honestly, after the first 2 months, or so, of eating a really healthy diet of lean proteins, fruits, veggies, whole grains, etc., foods like chips and dip or deep-fried anything don't taste good anymore. My husband and I agree that if you put a batter on anything and deep fry it, whether it be fish, mushrooms, cheese curds, whatever, it all tastes the same. You don't taste the food inside, just the coating. It sounds really stupid, but I don't like the greasy "feel" in my mouth anymore. Does that make sense? It's so hard to describe.

For instance, this weekend we went to McDonald's. My husband ordered an Egg McMuffin and I had a fruit and yogurt parfait and apple dippers. I took a bite of his, and all I tasted was a dry, tasteless bun. Then, I had him try my parfait and your mouth kind of comes alive and you can taste the fresh fruit, etc. I know this probably makes no sense... lol. I just read this all back and I sound insane! But, it's true. The only thing that I can compare it to is if you told a vegetarian to eat a steak. That's how I feel now about deep fried or chips or junk. Does that make sense?

quinn
Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Yes, I certainly agree with you that the fruit and yogurt parfait taste better than the egg mcmuffin. thanks for your response
Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning ladies. I have to say I am relieved that I am not the only one that battles my eating and drinking over the weekend. I feel like I work really hard and do really well during the week only to negate my efforts on the weekend. One positive note would be that if I were not doing so well during the week my weekend festivities would probably cause a weight gain. Well typically they do, but that is gone by the next weekend. So Monday I generally weight 3 pounds or so more but lose it by Friday only to gain it back again and so goes my cycle. I find that if I can stick to my diet through at least one weekend that I will lose some so at least when I get back on that cycle I am still a couple pounds less. I just can't seem to do it for more than a couple of weekends in a row. I find that after that I start to feel resentful that I cannot have the fun that everyone else is having.

Wow, that was more long winded than I intended.

So, today I am 144.4, same as last Tuesday but that's not bad because I abandoned my calorie tracking for most of last week. I ate some things that I knew I probably shouldn't but after getting past those cravings, I was ready to eat more healthy food on my own. This week I am tracking but allowing for more calories. We will see how that goes.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mambo and MollySue, everyone has admitted to making mistakes and you are both learning from yours, so don't be too hard on yourself! Props on not giving up and deciding to start fresh!

I didn't do as well as a lot of you, I just started this actually last Tuesday. I am doing good on exercise and calories, but I need to work on the type of foods I eat instead of just eating less of everything. I think if I can just get used to eating different types of food when I get hungry, I will drop faster. I did loose a pound and 2.25 inches off my waist by toning.

current weight: 142
goal weight:135
height: 5'7"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.