Notices

Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Old 08-11-2014, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivationa Thread With A Lot Of Cool People 8/11-8/17

Here we are for another week, hopefully with a full house again! Who's ready? I'm diving in.

I need to log consistently. I've been pretty complacent and seem to have been happy with a maintain for the past several weeks. I need to get at it again with some oomph in my purpose. I need to get back on track with eating better. Have 2 or 3 things I'm going to test run for the new hobby/business this week, so I'll have to work around that.

Aimee, nice to see you back!
Old 08-11-2014, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not one of the cool kids, but I'll join in.

health
1) Lose 2 pounds (starting at 205.4)
2) Workout 4 times

other
3) Write 2 policies (not likely, but I'll try)
4) Work at property twice
Old 08-11-2014, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

I don't know what I originally had posted here. I went to copy my goals today to post my Monday report and

Last edited by Mern; 08-12-2014 at 03:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:17 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning. I'm jumping into the pool at the deep end. We had such a beautiful week end but they are calling for rain later today. I am getting a walk in before the weather turns nasty. Can you see my determination to get this done? A pound a week by New Years day is 20 pounds and I will do my best to succeed.

My goals
Drink 6 glasses of water
Eat more vegetables and fruit
Exercise at least 10 minutes a day
Work on the sewing room 1 hour a day
Old 08-11-2014, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

This week is a planning week for me. I know some of these are not goals, but it is a check list for me to mark off as done. My life is so different than it was in June and I am still getting used to it.

Things that came naturally last week but I need to watch:
1. Water intake
2. Sodium intake (New information. I am on a well, with a water softening system. That may be sabotaging my sodium count.
Goals:
1. Walk Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
2. Weekly menu plan including crock pot dinners and brown bag lunches. Variety is important. (I have gotten started on this. I need fish twice a week for me and beef twice a week for the family. Chicken two more nights, and then a one night pork night.)
Checklist:
1. Monday morning weight and measure (I'm in the process of this. Between my mom and my granddaughter, or I just set it down in some obscure location, I lost my tape measure. I found one of those 165 foot land measuring tapes, so I'm just going to use that.)
2. Fasting Blood test Tuesday AM
3. Chest x-ray Tuesday morning
4. Echocardiogram Saturday afternoon
5. Awana plan
6. Begin planning September schedule (I don't think the doctor realizes how stressful her stress management classes are going to be for me.)

Last edited by rainbow24; 08-11-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Jenai: I'm here and ready to get back at it!! I don't know if I'm a cool kid but I'll pretend Sometimes we all get a little complacent, but you'll find whatever you need to 'flip your switch' and put it back on the oomph-track when you're ready. What's your business/hobby??

Mike: I'm with Mern, I bet you get two policies done

Libby: Love the determination and I hope you have a beautiful walk!!!! I'm actually right there with you, hoping to lose 20 lbs. by Xmas, so I think we're on a very similar track!

Annette: I love writing down life-goals along with my weight loss goals like you do, and I will be doing that next week once I finish my "easing in" process. Looks like you're really on top of your life-changing process! You should be proud of yourself.

Mern: Nice goals and meal plan! Look at you go. I saw your comment from last week; I have no idea what the birth control (or lack thereof) will do for my weight loss either, but I've heard that birth control pills can cause you to "hold on" to weight more easily, and so maybe it is giving me a nice little early boost. I'll take it, and I'll see how I feel over the next few months. I'd been on birth control since I was 13, so I don't even really know what I'm like when I'm hormonal DH and I aren't TRYING for a little bundle, but we're not NOT trying either (we like to say we've 'pulled the goalie') so we'll see what happens. My doctor told me fairly straightforwardly that since I had been on birth control for so long, it'll likely take my body a few months to even start cycling up normally again, so who knows what may happen?

As for me:

Speaking of DH, today is our one-year wedding anniversary!!!!!!!!!!! We have a quiet and snuggly day planned (we've got thunderstorms all over today and are also tight on money this month) and I'm looking forward to just being with him. I'm planning on a light breakfast and lunch, and he's making a non-diet dinner (chicken fettuccine alfredo with Italian Bread, salad, champagne and a dessert too), but I am going to ENJOY it and celebrate us!

I weighed in this morning and am down to 180.4, which officially puts me at -4.4 lbs. since last Monday. It seems like a lot, but I think it is water weight, which I always lose very quickly whenever I start up a program. It's GREAT and I'm happy to see the number, but I am tempering my woo-hoo to a little smile and a let's-see-what-happens! I did get to the gym on Sunday (but I did not do my strength training), so I got my 3x cardio done last week and will make it a goal again this week. My arm is feeling much better today. I am not going to log this week, but I plan on starting to log next week. The mindful eating seems to be enough for now.

Weekly goals:

1) Weigh in on M and F: M: 180.4
2) At least 64 oz. water daily
3) 3x cardio (35-45 minutes each session)
4) 1x strength training DVD
5) Eat mindfully, not distractedly
6) Enjoy my anniversary!!!!
7) Get syllabi finished and work on September plans (i.e. field trip, permits, etc.) <--- this is a work-related goal

Talk with you all soon!

~Terri
Old 08-11-2014, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for the ecouragement, Terri.

I hope everyone will forgive me if I don't give out tons of encouragement right now. It will come in the future, but for now, I need to concentrate on me. At least until it becomes my way of life.

Note: I finally felt like I contributed this morning. I picked up a load of plastics to take to the recycle station. Looks like it will take me several trips to get it done, but it's free.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone I'm still here but still not feeling chatty.

Mern
- Thanks for checking in on me buddy!

Libby - I like your 20 lbs by Christmas goal. Very practical and doable!

Terri - Happy anniversary!

Jenai - What are you testing out this week? Did you get the business cards yet?

Later fitday friends
Old 08-11-2014, 07:31 AM
FitDay Member

Forgot to wish you a happy anniversary, Terri.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:47 AM
FitDay Member

What hot and humid weather we are having. I decided to get some physical
house work done instead of going for a walk. Food wise I am doing OK but
supper time will be the big test.

Terri, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY and many more. We celebrated our 40th this year and I am so glad I got a keeper. Enjoy your dinner tonight. I wish my husband would cook once in a while but he does all the outside work so I don't complain.

Welcome Rainbow and Annette. This is a good place to get and give support.

Debbie, What's got you down? I hope you feel better soon. I can always count on you and I hope I can help you too.

Mern, Your baby steps are turning into big strides. You go girl.

Mike, Nice goals. We built our house in the country 32 years ago and love it out here away from the noise and congestion of the city.

Jenai, What are you testing this week? I hope it has chocolate. He He

Let's make it a good week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.