Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong >

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Notices

Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

Old 08-04-2014, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Starting 8/4/14, Get back, get back, get back to where you still belong

I'm baaaaaack. How is everyone?

Goals:
1) lose 2-3 pounds in 11 days
2) 6 glasses water minimum, keep track
3) stretch
4) meditate
5) be kind, not foolish

BTW it is 8/4, my bad. Can anyone fix?

Last edited by taubele; 08-04-2014 at 06:56 AM. Reason: Fixed the date for ya! :D
Old 08-04-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

To explain goals:
1)I have fallen victim to Asian food sodium syndrome: two nights in a row. I am taking my girl to Fl and want to be a bit less fluffy and a good role model.
2) I need to keep track, not flake out. Water helps with health as well as weight loss.
3) This is one thing I do consistently. The rare times I miss it, I feel it.
4) I feel better when I meditate but I don't always make time for it. Even 10 or 15 minutes makes a difference.
5) I love DD but sometimes she is selfish. Then I resent all I do for her and the little I get back (she actually hesitated on giving me meds she had on her dresser, on my wedding anniversary for which she gave me barely an acknowledgement, never mind a card.) Also I tend to get mean when I am hurt. I might not be able to change her behavior (she's 20) but I can change what I do. I told her honestly Saturday that I wasn't taking her shopping that day because I was hurt. She didn't even respond, not one word. I'm not getting her the perfume she wants even though I pass the store fairly often. I'm not going to give or lend her clothing that ends up on the floor. Maybe there is some spite in this but mostly I want my girl to see that you lose by not giving. I myself am losing: the joy I get in doing things for her. But maybe what I am doing is giving her something more important.
Old 08-04-2014, 02:41 AM
Super Moderator

I'm BACK!!!!!

Whew.

After my trip home in late June, I sort of fell off the radar there. Sorry about that, all! DH and I have moved to a new location, and the moving out/moving in plus getting ready to start a new (and permanent, hopefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) job has kept me away from the computer-- not to mention the fact that it took awhile for the internet to get set up. Thanks to those who sent me private messages wondering where I was and/or hoping I'd come back I appreciated it and it kept you all on my mind!

So I'm back! With a new internet provider and a new keyboard.

I weighed in at 184.8 this morning, which means about 4-5 pounds have crept on over the last month. Honestly, I was expecting it to be far worse, given all the fast food and takeout we were forced to eat in the process of moving when we didn't have a working kitchen (and also this past week, when our garbage disposal in the new place exploded and we weren't cooking much, because we couldn't use our sink). Garbage disposal is fixed now (we just got a new one installed) and I'm ready to get back on the horse!

I have a very simple goal in mind: 20 lbs. by Christmas. That gives me about 5 months to lose 20 lbs., which is VERY doable. I gave myself this goal because I remember the time that I REALLY stuck to a good weight-loss plan and lost nearly 60 lbs., the 170's were a total slog. I was stuck on plateaus for months. I believe it's because ~175 is what I weighed for a long time through my early 20's and my body "likes" it there and is comfortable there. So even though 20 lbs. in 5 months is doable and seems like a bit of a wimpy goal for 5 months, given that I'm young and healthy, I don't want to set myself up for failure.

I'm happy with it 165 would be a great place to be by Christmas, be within 10 lbs. of my lowest weight and within 15 lbs. of a healthy BMI. If I do better than 20 lbs., awesome!

I've also got it in mind to switch up my exercise program a little bit. I like the Beachbody, but I think I'm going to start using the gym at my new place and mix it in with Beachbody for a little variety. So I'm going to do elliptical cardio every other day and mix in the Beachbody weights DVD (which is my favorite, I actually LOVE the strength training days, I look forward to them) and perhaps a few extra cardio DVDs when I'm feeling like it. My goal right now is three (or more) cardio days per week and one (or more) strength days per week, with a goal to ramp it up to 4/2 in a few weeks.

I'll be dealing with the semester starting soon (I'm a professor and college season starts in August!) and all of that new stress, but hopefully I can remember that exercise both relieves stress AND makes me feel like I've done something for myself, given that I have a job that is usually allllllll about other people.

Let's have a great week all! Simple goals for me this week as I climb back on the runaway horse:

1) Weight in on M and F M: 184.8
2) Water - at least 64 oz., more is better
3) Eat mindfully. Not going to log yet, but mindfulness helps a lot.
4) 3x cardio elliptical (30-45 minutes, depending on how I feel):
5) 1x Strength Training DVD (40 minutes)

I'll see how I feel after this week and re-asses. Love!

~Terri
Old 08-04-2014, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Hope and Terri and anyone else who is returning.

Terri, congrats on your new job and being pretty much settled in now in your new home. I totally agree with 20 lbs. being a sensible goal. Setting too aggressive a goal is surely setting oneself up for failure. Your food, water, and exercise goals look great!

Hope, a Beatles fan? In their pre-1970s music, they were my favorite boy band. I love the rhythm of Get Back! I am so sorry for the emoitional pain you are going through right now in addition to physical. Welcome back from Asian food and best wishes on this week's goals. When do you leave for Florida?

I was delighted this morning to get on the scale for the first time since July 13 to find I had gained 3.4 lbs, weighing in at 228. I honestly thought it should be more the way I've been binge eating whatever I wanted since then.

I pledge a minimum of 5 minutes exercise 5 days this week and hope for willpower to do more.
I will eat clean according to my normal healthful eating guidelines.
And aim for over 48 oz. water per day

Last edited by Mern; 08-04-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, I AM a Beatles fan. I love that : "favorite boy band." I'm actually not in that much pain, feel better physically and emotionally and was just venting. I know a lot of people go through this stuff with their kids.

Welcome back, Terri. 20 lbs in 5 months is VERY doable. I also like your goal of mindful eating. I am going to do that too. I tried not to eat while watching tv or reading but I love eating when I read. But I also want to be more mindful of what I eat and how much.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hope, I'm glad you're feeling better. Vent away whenever you feel like doing so. It surely beats going nuts from the frustration. I'm going through a thing right now where my adult, divorced daughter is again on the verge of jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire, trying to proceed with a legal real estate matter without benefit of an attorney because she can't afford one. I'd rather pay the legal fees for her so I can sleep better at night because I'm afraid this is going to backfire on her. Right now it's a waiting game...

I'm on track. Going to have some good protein as soon as I post this and then do some formal exercise.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:57 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the encouragement Mern and Hope I'm rooting for both of you this week!! Just posting quickly but it's good to see you guys!
Old 08-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Super Moderator

Aw crap.... I'm back!

1) walk 6 miles
2) 3 fruits/veggies per day
3) 100 oz water
4) workout 3 times
5) be productive at the property
Old 08-04-2014, 07:40 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, thanks for YOUR encouragement, too.

Well, I did change my DAY today:
I did a mile of aerobic walking--15 whole minutes of my DVD.
Food up until 3PM was:
-- zero cholesterol egg and provolone cheese on a low carb tortilla
--6 oz of four net carb yogurt type dairy blend with 4 tablespoons flaxmeal
--a rib of celery with a wedge of reduced fat Laughing Cow cheese
--an ounce of unsalted almonds

Dinner will be turkey Italian sausage, cooked broccoli, and a side dish of soy veggie protein cooked in beef bouillon with green pepper, onion, fresh, tomato, and (tastes sort of like Spanish rice).

Evening snacks will be celery stuffed with my faux Spanish rice, a protein powder based coconut cookie/candy or two, and almond milk or spearmint iced tea.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back, Mike! Best wishes on your sensible goals this week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.