Notices

Motivational and Sticking Together Thread (7/28-8/3)

Old 07-28-2014, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational and Sticking Together Thread (7/28-8/3)

Is everyone giving up on this? I'm not!!! I need all of you to be a part of my journey.

How have you all been doing? I've been doing very well! Been keeping within my calorie range, and I'm very happy with myself for that.

Is there something that is making you feel more motivated or less motivated these days? What is it?
Old 07-28-2014, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

I'm still here with you Jenai What's making me feel less motivated these days is the lack of people posting here! LOL! Seriously, it's like a ghost town around here. I've been dealing with some personal stuff which has me feeling less chatty than usual...but I'm still here. Tonight I decided I'm going to join another road race. I think having the race day goal will help me to change up my exercise and also help keep me focused on something. I've done a few 5 kms and a few 10 kms races in the past...about 5 years ago. I'm going to aim high and go right for a 10 km race in October! If all goes well, maybe I'll aim to do a half marathon in the spring? Not sure about that just yet...I'll decide after the 10 k race
Old 07-28-2014, 03:39 PM
FitDay Member

Glad to see you here, Debbie! Wow...a 10k race? That would amazing! You'll surely get tons of exercise training for that, and you're right--it would switch things up for you. I hope the things on the personal side aren't too burdensome and that everything is ok.

For me, I'm feeling pretty motivated to keep on my eating plan because I've had such great success the past few weeks. It feels really good on Friday's to see a lower number, and I want to continue that.

On the personal side, things for our new business are moving along. I got our official certificate from the State that we are registered and allowed to do business, and I passed my food handler's test. All I need to do for that is go down, give them $5, show ID, my test information/bar code sheet and I get my card. It will still have to happen a little at a time though. I need to buy business cards, card stock (to attach to the bag for product information) and cello bags for packaging. Of course, that takes money and that's kind of in short supply right now. I'll just have to be patient.

I'm pretty happy with the way things are going right now. yea!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai - You've wasted no time!! That's great that you're all ready to go with the business already! Glad things are going so well for you in business and in weight loss! Very inspiring as always!

Have an awesome day!
Old 07-29-2014, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I baked a batch of test cookies last night. Needed to check out the evenness of heat, using both racks, different pans, etc. Made 3 dozen cookies. And I had just two 3" cookies. I had one after the first batch. Then when they were done I put 3 on a plate, took them upstairs to photograph at my desk, and then stared at them for a minute. I really wanted to eat all 3 (which would have been 4 overall), but I resisted and just had 1. I called my son in right away to take them away from me.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:34 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome self control Jenai!

The weather here has been cool. I'm not sure how my upcoming beach vacation is going to turn out. I have a feeling we're going to be wearing pants and hoodies on the beach! After such a long winter though, I'm not complaining. I'll take a cool beach vacation over a crappy winter any day! LOL!!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:43 AM
Banned

I'm here ladies.... Jenai I fixed a lemon meringue pie on yesterday..and guess what I didn't touch it or am I going too..

Debbie just being away is gonna be awesome!..hope it warms up tho.

I did good over the w/end..no slip ups

Last edited by beccafries; 07-29-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Becca! Glad to see you joined the party! It's awfully quiet around here this week! Another one who shows restraint around baked goods! Good job! Lucky for me, I don't have a weakness for sweets so I can have baked goods around the house 7 days a week and never touch them. My weakness is salty, crunchy stuff....no chip or cracker is safe in the house with me!
Old 07-30-2014, 01:03 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning I was going to head out for a morning run but woke up to rain I didn't feel like doing a different workout, so I ended up skipping it. Not a good idea because now I need to squeeze it into my very busy day. 4:45 am is about the only time I get a moment to myself!! Also, I'm working on a new meal plan. I've become a little too lax with my diet and I know it's what has me stalled again. I'm hoping my devising a new plan and planning my meals ahead that it makes it easier to stick to. I'm about to start an entire month of holidays though which always makes eating well and exercising a challenge! Wish me luck!
Old 07-30-2014, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

I am just starting out - today was day 1, so motivation and accountability is looking pretty good. I am really hoping to drop a total of 50 pounds before I move back to California at the end of December which is about how much I gained when I moved to the East Coast a few years ago. I have tried to take it off a few times and then lost my focus and motivation and end up gaining it all back. I am looking for some support this time to help me reach my goal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.