Notices

Weight loss plateau-HELP!

Old 07-28-2014, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss plateau-HELP!

Hello! I know this happens to everyone and I've been trying to do every single thing I can to curb it but I need help! I am just looking to see what you guys have done to finally get past a plateau. Just a little info about me first may help. I'm 27, I weigh about 148lbs, I go to the gym almost every weekday and typicall run 2-3 miles and then I'll lift some weights moderately. Maybe 5 different machines 10 -15 lifts each. I try and stay around 1200 calories. My biggest weight was 201lbs and I lost 53 pretty easily and now since around January I can't seem to move the scale at all. Not even 1 lb. I would like people who experienced similar situations to let me know what you've done to finally kick this thing.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:58 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on losing the weight!
What is your height? Is your BMI in normal, overweight, or obese range?

At Weight Watchers, as you lose weight, your calorie (points plus) limit is adjusted downward - you need fewer calories to move less weight for your size (BMI).

So, depending on your height - your BMI is determined with that in mind - you may be just maintaining. In which case, good for you! Maintaining is a challenge for most dieters.

If you still want to go forward and lose a few more pounds (or even more than a few), then you adjust your caloric intake. In a healthy way!