Notices

Accountability and Motivation Thread - July 21 - 27

Old 07-21-2014, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Accountability and Motivation Thread - July 21 - 27

I can't believe I just wrote July 21 - 27 in the title! It's already nearing the end of July!! The summer us flying by way too fast in my opinion! I can't wait to be on holidays for the month of August...only 2 more weeks at work before I get 4 weeks off!!

I weighed this morning and was down from Friday! I have to say I think this is a first ever for me. I'm always up on Mondays and then spend the rest of the week trying to get back down to my Friday weigh in and cross my fingers to make a little progress past the previous weigh in. It astonishes me how imperative exercise is to my progress. I honestly didn't do much different with my food intake this weekend, but I did manage to get in 40 minutes of intense exercise each day. I've read several times that diet is 80%...well I think it must be different for some people. I think for me, exercise is 80%!

Last week, I decided to start over with a clean slate. So far, I'm proud of what I've accomplished by getting back to daily workouts. Another week is upon us all! Let's make it a good one!

Old 07-21-2014, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 lbs in 17 days?

Losing .411 per day over 17 days is a little steep. But FitDay tells me my goal of going from 182 to 145 from June 1 to Sept. 15 is unrealistic. And I've gone from 182 to 161 from June 1 to July 21. That's around .34 pounds per day. And I do almost no exercise other than an occasional walk -- two miles or less.

With exercise and limiting your intake to 800 calories a day or less, could be possible.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:52 AM
FitDay Member

My weight recently took a big jump...so I know I have at least 4-5 pounds of water weight that will come off quickly and I'll be left with 2 actual pounds to lose in 17 days. If I am holding as much water weight as I suspect, 7 pounds is very doable. If I'm wrong about the water weight, it's unlikely I'll hit that short term goal.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:32 AM
Banned

I'm back on in starting today...my family finally..finally left on Sunday..they decided to stay a bit longer
Old 07-21-2014, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

Had a lovely visit with my cousin this morning. We talk on fb but it has been 20 yrs since I have seen her since she lives 4 hrs away.

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit
Gonna be a little over today because we had timbits with our coffee but I only had 3.
2. 6 glasses of water
3. 4 servings fruits veggies
4. Exercise 3X for 30 min
5. Cut back lawn

It shouldn't be that hard to drink water when it's warm but I have been only at about 5. I need to get back into more formal exercise to lose a few pounds before Dr appointment in a month.

Jenn
Old 07-21-2014, 08:05 AM
FitDay Member

Just really felt the need to get on this thing today and BEG for motivation!! This past weekend was horrible!! All I did was eat and you know what? I really didn't care...I hate feeling like that...but it was my grandbaby's 2nd birthday and every time I turned around there was food, and going out to restaurants, drinking...ugh...I knew I'd end up paying and I have according to my scale this morning. I don't even want to state what it had to tell me!!
So, now that a new restaurant every night is OVER, snack foods are OVER< birthday cake is OVER....I'm over it all!! Today is a new day, the start of a new week, a promise of a trip to NYC and Niagara Falls by my husband IF i lose and get to my goal...so come on ladies... a little help...ANYTHING that motivates you to stay on track...ANYTHING that motivates you to exercise (which I HATE with a purple passion)....and I'm going to post every day come hell or high water on Fitday!! So far so good but I'm at work and that horrible craving for the M&M's is hitting me...gulping water as we speak!! HELP!!!! And Debbie, tonight I'm digging out the plan you wrote for me!! Thank you!
Old 07-21-2014, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Just got my workout on! It was a 32 minute high intensity cario/ab interval workout. It was awesome!

Laney - Motivation is such a struggle for all of us, especially during social events. Like you said, today's a new day so just do your best to get back on track. Maybe I should come up with another plan for you that has you working out for only 10 minutes a day. Would that be more doable...that way you only have to take it 10 minutes at a time and it would be less daunting and maybe easier to become a daily habit? Heck I'll even do it with you!!! I'll add on the 10 minute workouts to what I'm currently doing!

Would anyone else be interested in a "10 minutes of exercise daily" challenge? I could try to devise some kind of challenge and have options for beginner, intermediate and advanced? Any takers?
Old 07-21-2014, 08:52 AM
FitDay Member

That sounds great to me....I think I can spare 10-15 minutes when I get home. I'm just so tired and quite honestly I know if I could just get into an exercise routine, I'd start feeling better, I always did long ago ...and because I don't exercise I'm sluggish...I know it's my own fault. I would give anything to be able to afford to hire a personal trainer who would be there with me but alas...can't do it!
would love something that is easy to start and go from there...thank you Debbie!
Old 07-21-2014, 09:24 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, you are not alone in starting over. A few of us have recommitted ourselves again this week (or in the past week or so). You got this!

Laney, How nice of your husband to give you such a wonderful goal gift. Keep that trip in mind through the hard spots. Don't worry about what you did last week. That's in the past and there's nothing you can do about it. You can only worry about today, so just do your best. I know you can do it!

Debbie, you're doing so well getting back into exercising regularly. I don't think I'm going to do the challenge. My back sporadically hurts a bit and I'm just so worried I'm going to re-injure it. I don't want to commit because I know I won't be able to do it and then I'll just feel bad about it. I need to just focus on my calories for a while.

Jenn, goals look good for the week. Glad you had a nice visit with your cousin. 4 hours away is too close to go 20 years. I hope you don't wait that long again. What are timbits?

I'm doing fairly well, but my calories are a bit higher than I'd like at 1800-1900 for the past few days. This time though, unlike two weeks ago or something (maybe even 1 week ago) I was having too many snacks to get my calories up and not eating enough nutritionally. My calories are still a bit high, but I'm making more nutritional decisions. I know that calories are calories, but I feel better about eating the Italian pulled chicken sandwich on HG bread that I just ate than having 1.5 oz of salt and vinegar chips. (I had about 4 chips though.)

I'll check in again later.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

Today went well. I went for a walk and got some sun. Now I am back to sorting material for quilting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.