Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITNESS > Exercise
10 Minutes A Day Exercise Challenge - July 22 - 27 >

10 Minutes A Day Exercise Challenge - July 22 - 27

Notices

10 Minutes A Day Exercise Challenge - July 22 - 27

Old 07-22-2014, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default 10 Minutes A Day Exercise Challenge - July 22 - 27

We've all got 10 minutes each day to spare...right?!?! Why not devote just 10 minutes a day to exercise!! It's a great way to start an exercise habit and an awesome way to build a fitness base to build upon! The workouts I've selected don't use any equipment except an exercise mat and/or a chair. Don't have a mat, no problem you can simply use a towel! Some of the workouts may have variations that vary in intensity. Pick the level that's most suitable for you! If it doesn't show a variation and you find it's too intense, just move at your own pace. Remember though, these workouts are short so you want to work at a pace that gets your heart rate up. Make the most of your 10 minutes! Enjoy!

Tuesday - 8 Minute Hotel Room Cardio. You'll need a mat and chair for today's workout.

Wednesday - 10-Minute Strong Standing Abs. You can use hand weights if you have them, but the workout can be done without any weights. You can always use soup cans if you want to use weights but don't have any!

Thursday - 9-Minute, Low Impact High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Workout. No equipment required.

Friday - 8 Minute Legs. No equipment required.

Saturday - 10 Minute Total Body Strength. You'll need a mat for today's workout.

Sunday - 13 Minute Quick Stretch. Today's workout is a little longer than 10 minutes, but it's a nice relaxing stretch workout so nothing too tough today! All you'll need is a mat. You deserve this nice relaxing workout! Enjoy!

BONUS WORKOUT! Do you have some extra time? Want to burn some more calories? Try adding in this 10 Minute Low Impact Kickboxing Workout if time permits! You won't regret it! No equipment required.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 AM
FitDay Member

Done!!! Like dinner

That was kinda fun! Sure got the heart rate up
Old 07-22-2014, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome Bea! Glad you liked my workout pick! I plan to add these to my regular workouts for an extra burn and of course to join in on the fun!
Old 07-22-2014, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Nice little burn for Tuesday Hotel Room Cardio Workout! I burned 50 calories even! It's also important to note that 50 calories is only about 1 cookie! This is why 'they' say you can't out train a bad diet! Sometimes people over estimate how many calories they burn during exercise or even daily movement. I once had a friend tell me she takes the 3 flights of stairs at work every morning and figured she was doing well and burning about an extra 100 calories. Not even close! Taking 3 flights of stairs takes about 2 minutes max....that would equal more like 10-20 calories depending on the person!

Moral of the story....don't make the mistake thinking you're burning more than you are and then eating to compensate for all your exercise. You might just undo all you just did!
Old 07-22-2014, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
We've all got 10 minutes each day to spare...right?!?! Why not devote just 10 minutes a day to exercise!! It's a great way to start an exercise habit and an awesome way to build a fitness base to build upon! The workouts I've selected don't use any equipment except an exercise mat and/or a chair. Don't have a mat, no problem you can simply use a towel! Some of the workouts may have variations that vary in intensity. Pick the level that's most suitable for you! If it doesn't show a variation and you find it's too intense, just move at your own pace. Remember though, these workouts are short so you want to work at a pace that gets your heart rate up. Make the most of your 10 minutes! Enjoy!

Tuesday - 8 Minute Hotel Room Cardio. You'll need a mat and chair for today's workout.

Wednesday - 10-Minute Strong Standing Abs. You can use hand weights if you have them, but the workout can be done without any weights. You can always use soup cans if you want to use weights but don't have any!

Thursday - 9-Minute, Low Impact High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Workout. No equipment required.

Friday - 8 Minute Legs. No equipment required.

Saturday - 10 Minute Total Body Strength. You'll need a mat for today's workout.

Sunday - 13 Minute Quick Stretch. Today's workout is a little longer than 10 minutes, but it's a nice relaxing stretch workout so nothing too tough today! All you'll need is a mat. You deserve this nice relaxing workout! Enjoy!

BONUS WORKOUT! Do you have some extra time? Want to burn some more calories? Try adding in this 10 Minute Low Impact Kickboxing Workout if time permits! You won't regret it! No equipment required.

It is quite impressive I like it .Only exercise 10 minutes a day and stay healthy and fit.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Anne! Glad you like it! I do want to add that it will take more than 10 minutes of daily exercise to get healthy and to stay healthy. However, there are many who have a hard time committing to daily exercise, so starting out with 10 minutes a day may seem less daunting. Over time, at least 3-4 days a week the time should be increased to get more benefits. Hope you stick around and do these workouts with us!
Old 07-23-2014, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Done!!

(Though not completely with weights! I have 5lb weights and they were too heavy to finish with) Soup cans next time!

I like this one too
Old 07-23-2014, 11:39 AM
FitDay Member

That's awesome Bea!! I think the variety of these workouts keeps it interesting! Variety is the spice of life!

Peanut is so cute in this one! LOL!
Old 07-24-2014, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Bea! what did you think of the workout today? Fun stuff!
Old 07-25-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

I really liked it!! It was tough and I maintained some semblance of similar movement, throughout

I am DREADING today's!!! Leg work is soo DAMN hard.... but even 1 movement is 1 more than nothing at all!!! and I can certainly do more than 1 second of leg work. I do watch the day before, to see what is coming up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.