MONDAY
IS THE PERFECT DAY
TO CORRECT
LAST
WEEK'S MISTAKES.

GOOD MORNING!!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Becca, thanks for the inspiration about correcting last week's mistakes. And also kudos on that total 27 lbs. lost!

I was tickled to step on the scale today and find that I did indeed keep my .4 lb. loss since our last Friday weigh-in. Yes, it was partly accidental because I was so busy and exercised only 10 minutes all week, BUT there were many days in my life when I managed to stuff in candy bars and snack cakes even on my busiest days, so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for those .4 lbs lost, too. Giving ourselves credit for al our accomplishments, no matter how small, can serve as great encouragement.

Simple goals this week:
--stick to my nutritional guidelines
--baby step exercise 5 times this week: (EDITED after I found I can do it) one mile in 15 minutes low impact aerobic walking
--plenty of water

Not much work to plan today's menu since I've got ready-to-eat lunch foods and had yesterday's restaurant dinner pre-chosen; but our dinner plans were cancelled so we're going to eat there tonight.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol flaxmeal pancake topped with 3 fluid ounces (2 net carbs) of dairy blend that tastes like yogurt.

Pre-exercise protein shake

Lunch: black soybean and kale soup and a zero cholesterol egg and ham rollup.

Snack: something low carb with protein and fat

Dinner at our favorite home cooking restaurant: tossed salad with ranch dressing, sirloin steak with sauteed mushrooms and onion, green beans, and for dessert cantaloupe and a slice of my failed-but-microwave-salvaged low carb zucchinin bread (only two slices left)

Snack: another protein shake, bell pepper with reduced fat cream cheese

Last edited by Mern; 07-14-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 01:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Becca, thanks for getting us started I'm keeping my goals loosey goosey again this week. With having house guests, it's hard to commit to anything in particular so I'll just do my best again to drink a lot of water, exercsie as often as I can and eat well.

So in the spirit of making small changes (or in my case, making loosey goosey goals ) ,here is a quote that I thought was fitting. Even if you don't have time for a 30 minute workout, squeeze in a 10 minute workout. If you are cooking for company, prepare a healthy meal and enjoy it with your guests. Have an awesome week all!

Old 07-14-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
I was tickled to step on the scale today and find that I did indeed keep my .4 lb. loss since our last Friday weigh-in. Yes, it was partly accidental because I was so busy and exercised only 10 minutes all week, BUT there were many days in my life when I managed to stuff in candy bars and snack cakes even on my busiest days, so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for those .4 lbs lost, too. Giving ourselves credit for al our accomplishments, no matter how small, can serve as great encouragement.
Awesome job maintaining your .4 lb weightloss throughout the weekend!! I wish I could say the same...but I can't and I'll own it and move on "Giving ourselves credit for al our accomplishments, no matter how small, can serve as great encouragement." Well said lady! Thanks for the reminder!
Old 07-14-2014, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

I've been off here for a while, I have let my weight get out of control. I have set some new goals and I'm ready for a change.

This weeks goals:
Three big tervis cups of water/day
Work 1 hour/day on yard sale prep
Fill one woodworking order per day
eat clean at dinner each night
Old 07-14-2014, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for your encouragement and for your words of wisdom on food and exercise. From what I read in your posts, you did quite well under the circumstances of your anniversary dinner and family visit. You can own the slight imperfections and take credit for admirable accomplishment at the same time.

Ashlie (aspikes), I remember you! Welcome back! I like your new goals that you know are achievable and certainly should be effective. If you have been lurking at all you have noticed that many of us are using more simple goals right now than the very strict ones we used to expect of ourselves. In my case, being too strict and having to commit to so much work doing all the nutrition tracking was causing burnout. Working an hour a day on yard sale prep probably will burn a lot of calories--it always did for me. Either I forgot or never knew--what kind of woodworking do you do and how do you get orders/clients for that?

I bit the bullet and got in a whole mile of aerobic walking (to a video) in 15 minutes. I promised 11 minutes minimum today, so was surprised I could do the whole mile. I'll change my exercise goal, then, to commit to a whole mile all this week to build up my stamina and then next week will start increasing it.

Last edited by Mern; 07-14-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-14-2014, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I love all the quotes this morning and I'll add one more. Cher from Moon Struck, "Snap out of it". I feel like I am waking up out of a fog and need to get myself back off the couch and into the race. Thanks for that one Debbie.
Exercise is the component of the equation that I have been missing for several months now but today is a perfect day to start back at it. I am heading out for a walk and see where that takes me. Have a great day.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

Went for my appointment at Diabetes Centre this morning. Like Libby and Mern I need to get back to regular exercise. The nutrition aspect is ok--just need more fruits and veggies! One good thing is that my scale is only 1lb out from the one at the clinic so it's pretty accurate.

GOALS
1. Exercise 4X for 30 min. Get back into Wii workouts
2. 4 servings fruits and veggies
3. Keep within carb limit
4. Stay away from TH!!

Personal goals
1. Finish writing homework
2. Clean out hall closet (UGH continued from last week)
3. Stop procrastinating

Jenn

Last edited by jjrudd; 07-14-2014 at 04:53 AM. Reason: to add a goal
Old 07-14-2014, 05:02 AM
FitDay Member

LOL! Love the quote Libby! No beating around the bush with that one! I'm glad to read you're going to get out for a walk today. I know you've been feeling down lately and exercise is a great way to relieve stress and boost your mood...at least it is for me. Hope you get a nice boost and feel good today!

Welcome back Ashlie! Glad to see another person join (or in this case, re-join) the group. Good job getting back at it and making change! It's not easy to restart, but you've made a great first stetp!

Awesome job Mern doing the whole 1 mile walk dvd! Keep it up lady!

I'm planning to make grilled chicken skewers for dinner and serving it up with some tzatziki and corn on the cob. I'll make either a rice or potato side for anyone who wants it, but I'll be keeping it light and just having the chicken and corn. I'm also making a homemade watermelon lemonade. I've never made it before but the recipe sounds yummy! If it turns out good, I'll post the recipe tomorrow! Such a summery menu! I love cooking for company...can you tell!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

My restaurant dinner plans were cancelled for the second day in a row. My granddaughter called shortly after I finished exercising and invited me out to lunch with her and the baby. We went to a shopping mall food court that has a Japanese restaurant and I ordered the teriyaki chicken without rice. The male server was very sweet and asked me if I'd like extra veggies since I was passing on the rice, and since the veggies were cooked cabbage and broccoli, it was a great low carb substitute. There were three practically paper thin coins of carrots in it--just for color, I guess, and I went ahead and ate those. The teriyaki sauce may put me up on the scale tomorrow, but I'll eat extremely low carb the rest of the day and drink extra water to attempt damage control. I don't regret my lunch--Oriental food is a rare treat for me.

Libby, oh, that's wonderful that you decided to take a walk today. We can do this!

Debbie, as always, thanks for your encouragement. I agree--I always feel better both physically and psychologically when I exercise. That tzatziki sounds great with chicken if it's the Greek dip with cucumber, yogurt and mint. That watermelon lemonade sounds refreshing. Aw, that's great that you love cooking for company.

Jenn, so were you pleased with how your appointment at the Diabetes Centre went? Great to have a scale that accurate--it really does help. Way to go on your commitment to exercise this week! And if the 30 minutes is too hard, just do how ever much you CAN do, even if it's just 2 minutes--lap those people just sitting on the couch. What's "Stay away from TH!!"--or is that private? "Stop procrastinating" is a hard one for me, but I'm on my way this week due to this group's support. My doctor had a good laugh when I told her in June that when the new sidewalk was finished in our neighborhood I could take my great-grandbaby for walks in her stroller. She knows I live on a non-busy side street. She chuckled and asked, "What's in front of your house that's preventing you from walking right now--no street? just a big cliff?" LOL She was right--she knew I was procrastinating. She is moving out of state next month, and I was so happy to be able to email her early last week to tell her I'd lost 7 lbs. of the 8 lbs. I had regained between my March and June appointments with her. She sent me back a very encouraging reply, "Yeah! That's great news!" We have such a great group posting here right now--encouraging and rooting for each other. WE CAN DO THIS!

Last edited by Mern; 07-14-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.