View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 01:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mern
FitDay Member

Becca, thanks for the inspiration about correcting last week's mistakes. And also kudos on that total 27 lbs. lost!

I was tickled to step on the scale today and find that I did indeed keep my .4 lb. loss since our last Friday weigh-in. Yes, it was partly accidental because I was so busy and exercised only 10 minutes all week, BUT there were many days in my life when I managed to stuff in candy bars and snack cakes even on my busiest days, so I'm giving myself a pat on the back for those .4 lbs lost, too. Giving ourselves credit for al our accomplishments, no matter how small, can serve as great encouragement.

Simple goals this week:
--stick to my nutritional guidelines
--baby step exercise 5 times this week: (EDITED after I found I can do it) one mile in 15 minutes low impact aerobic walking
--plenty of water

Not much work to plan today's menu since I've got ready-to-eat lunch foods and had yesterday's restaurant dinner pre-chosen; but our dinner plans were cancelled so we're going to eat there tonight.

Today's menu:

Breakfast: zero cholesterol flaxmeal pancake topped with 3 fluid ounces (2 net carbs) of dairy blend that tastes like yogurt.

Pre-exercise protein shake

Lunch: black soybean and kale soup and a zero cholesterol egg and ham rollup.

Snack: something low carb with protein and fat

Dinner at our favorite home cooking restaurant: tossed salad with ranch dressing, sirloin steak with sauteed mushrooms and onion, green beans, and for dessert cantaloupe and a slice of my failed-but-microwave-salvaged low carb zucchinin bread (only two slices left)

Snack: another protein shake, bell pepper with reduced fat cream cheese
Weight 6/25/2014 233 that obviously included a lot of water retention
Weight9/5/2013 226 with an eye on "Onederland"

Last edited by Mern; 07-14-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Mern is offline   Reply With Quote