View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 05:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
JediMindTricks
FitDay Member

Debbie, just stick your mind to it and you'll get there before you know it. It doesn't matter if you've got 5 lbs to lose or like me and have over 100 to go, we're all in the same boat of trying to learn to stay in control and listen to our bodies.

Jenn, sounds like you've been working well on your goals. Housework and stairs are exercise, you're getting in lots of water, got some writing done, some errands...you been busy!

Mern, what a great compliment, especially for a 10 year old to take notice! Your efforts are paying off!

Nyda, Don't tear yourself up over having too much cake. I hate it when there's leftover treats in my house too because I can't keep my hands off baked goods! Just get right back up again. Glad to hear the yard and party were nice for you!

I had another good day today so far. I've got a long way to go before I fall asleep (usually sometime between 2 and 4 a.m.) and all my food for the day is eaten except my night time atkins and milk. I hope I can last through and not start taking a bite of this and that. I had 4 cookies today, which I wish I'd only had 2. I had two in the middle of the night last night and 2 more this afternoon. That was my one off-kilter moment. I had a good lentil soup for dinner (I posted the recipe and pic) that was tasty and healthy for not very many calories. I limited myself to 1 piece of cornbread, which was really hard to do! Had my popcorn, had my shake and milk this morning and I had 1 more indulgence of 1.5oz of chips. All in all, not a bad day. I'm pretty happy with it. It seems like I've had a lot of junk food snacks, but I have a single serving bag of popcorn, 1.5oz of chips is not very much, and I do admit I should have stuck to just 2 cookies.

After looking at this from a different perspective, I guess I do eat too much junk still. But I guess what I'm happy about is that even though I indulge a little bit each day, I'm not out of control binging anymore. That has me feeling successful. I'm getting in plenty of fiber, protein and my carbs are in check, so I do feel that I am doing well. Although my sodium is still really high. I'll have to keep working on that. I'm not sure how to cut that down as much as I need to. Maybe you all can give me some advice on where to cut back that works the best. I know chips and popcorn are probably pretty high. I guess if I had to I could leave them out, but I really need at least one treat, so maybe I could have one or the other each day and not both. I just looked and and realized I'm having 820mg of sodium each day with my shakes and milk alone. But I absolutely cannot live without those. Not sure what to do.

Ok everyone, I'm going to stop chattering on and on. Have a good night!

Late Night Update: I realized I calculated the calories wrong for my cornbread so now I'm higher than I want to be. And I sneaked into the pantry and got .4oz of chips again. Big mistake!!! And I was doing so well. Tomorrow is another day.

Start (1/9/14): 276.8
Goal: 130ish
Current: 248.6

The only goal I have right now is to get my ass in gear and get the scale moving the other way!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 07-08-2014 at 09:01 AM.
JediMindTricks is offline   Reply With Quote