Notices

What Motivates You?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Question What Motivates You?

Hi Everyone! I thought that I would start a thread about what things motivate us to continue in this journey. Perhaps we can help each other... Isn't that what this whole thing is all about??

I will start...

~I really love to see that Calories In vs Calories Out chart with the Out being higher than the In!! That is real motivation for me. Also looking at the calories in food in terms of how long I have to exercise to burn those calories really helps.

What motivates you??

~
~
~
Old 05-08-2010, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

There are so many things that keep me motivated and the main one is members on fitday. Just knowing that if im having a crisis when i want the bad food i have somewhere to come and tell everyone.That way i get the advice im looking for and am never waiting long for a reply!
Secondly i want to be happy and content in my body-something ive never been. I love when my clothes feel looser and i have an excuse for a shopping spree to buy a smaller size!
I want to stand in the mirror and be happy with the image looking back.
I want to run around with the kids and not feel the flab running with me.
My acne is clearer than it used to be which means lessmakeup on a daily basis. This is a huge confidence boost and also motivates me to drink an extra glass of water and some more fresh fruit and veg.
The most important is setting a good example to my children and teaches them about new foods.
This has worked so far my children are choosing healthy options at school and tasting lots of new foods at home and enjoying them. FANTASTIC!
Old 05-08-2010, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

When I try on the clothes in my closet and they are loose.
When I see a picture of myself and am no longer repulsed.
When I have the energy to tackle my to do list.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

My children
My husband
My pedometer
My fitday account
My fitday friends
The pair of really skinny hot jeans I bought to shrink down in to.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Guys!

I haven't been on here in while! These are great motivations! I, too, like to compare pictures to see my progress! And I love to put clothes on and find that they are too big! What a boost this is!
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

things that motivate me:
just thinking about my future and how I want to look/be
my friends
myself
bikinis
my boyfriend
my tight jeans that are still too tight to wear comfortably

all of you
Old 05-12-2010, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Things that motivate me are my granddaughter, my daughter, my husband, my wanting to be healthier and at a healthier weight. I have finally made up my mind to exercise and use fitday.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
FitDay Member

I just got my butt into a pair of junior's size 10 low-rise Old Navy jeans that haven't fit in at least 5 years....my current motivation is to make those into my "fat" jeans!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

I think it is so important to have things in our lives that truly do motivate us. My ultimate goal is to fit into the dress I was wearing the night I met my husband. It's a long shot, but I have kept it for 14 years. Here's hoping!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

sorry to be a bummer
but what could motivate me, is if the scale finally shows weight loss more than 1lb/ week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.