1) Plan meals and stick close to it
2) Be a stretchy mama
3) Walk 3x this week
4) 6 glasses of water, pay attention
5) You don't have to say it, listen, pay attention

Your turn.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:10 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. The kids surprised us with a 40th anniversary party yesterday and guess what, they brought chinese food. I didn't dare step on the scale this morning with chinese food two days in a row and two cakes, one chocolate and one vanilla. It was all yummy and we had a good time. Now it's back to healthy eating as soon as we get grocerys. I have been saying this for three days now. I hope every one had a great week end.

Goal this week
Drink 6 glasses of water
Eat vegetables
Dance
Old 06-30-2014, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Another week to keep forging forward...no looking back I picked today's quote simply because I think it's a very powerful and true statement. A good reminder to get up and get moving right!

I'm keeping my goals simple this week. I just can't (or should I say don't want to) commit to counting calories! So this week, I'm just going to do what I like to call 'the honesty diet'...eat good, healthy nutritious food in a reasonable quantity and let the chips fall where they may.

Goals
96 oz. water daily
Eat good, clean food
Get in a minimum of 5 workouts

Libby - That was so nice of your kids!! I can't believe they brought Chinese food! LOL!! I'm glad you enjoyed it and wise not to get on the scale this morning...you know it would be up and it will be a lot of water weight so no point if it will make you feel bad.

Hope - Be a stretchy mama! Funny girl! Good goals for the week!

Have an awesome day all!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby135
Hi all. The kids surprised us with a 40th anniversary party yesterday and guess what, they brought chinese food. I didn't dare step on the scale this morning with chinese food two days in a row and two cakes, one chocolate and one vanilla. It was all yummy and we had a good time. Now it's back to healthy eating as soon as we get grocerys. I have been saying this for three days now. I hope every one had a great week end.

Goal this week
Drink 6 glasses of water
Eat vegetables
Dance

Oooooh dance, good one. You'll get on the straight and narrow. We'll whip you into shape. Or ummm gently encourage you. Whatever works lol.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:25 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I LOVE the quote this week.

The wording for goal 2 came from the fact that I have a friend who did a lot of yoga and I would call her stretchy yoga mama.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai (an anyone else who wants to try a new recipe!) - Here's the link to the recipe for Black Bean Brownies. I followed the recipe to a T except I used 1 tablespoon of oil instead of 1/2 teaspoon. I thought they may be a bit too dry and crumbly with only 1/2 teaspoon...turns out they were a little crumbly even with 1 tablespoon! Even though they were crumbly, they were soooooo yummy!! Let me know if you do try them!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:23 AM
FitDay Member

Oops, I got my dates mixed up. Going to the zoo TOMORROW, not today, and my dental appointment is WEDNESDAY, not Tuesday.

Hope, thanks for starting us off with your inspirational posting of goals for the week. LOL on gently encouraging vs. whipping. Remember when we used to threaten to whip Mike? LOL

Libby, belated congrats on your 40th wedding anniversary. DH and I celebrate our 43rd July 24. Well, you only celebrate your 40th once and had great food, great company. You know what to do and how to do it, and I know you have it in you to get right back on track today. I love your simple goals.

Debbie, Thanks so much for the blackbean brownie recipe. I copied it to my hard drive and will add the extra oil as you suggested. I may try those today. I always have black soybeans on hand. I usually use recipes as guidelines, EXCEPT that for baking I need the exact measurements. I posted a couple times my chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin recipe, but the feedback was like "they were OK, but I wouldn't make them again" or "they didn't turn out right". I double checked and confirmed I didn't make any typos while posting the recipe so the objection must be to the moistness and density. The density comes from the protein powder. I love them just the way they come out, so am not interested in lightening them or making them more dry. I can't even remember the last time I was in Onederland, maybe 2002 or 2003. Eight lbs. is a bunch of gain for just three months, I think, but I'll take your encouragement and praise anyway. LOL Aw, your sweet daughter--I hope she'll get the hang of riding the bike soon. I think most of us know a child who excelled right away at everything and then one day something harder for them was a source of frustration. Yeah, she'll get it with practice. I know (but from what I've read, not from experience) that the smaller you are, the fewer calories you burn. Heck, at my size I break into a sweat just doing housework like vacuuming, scrubbing floors, and cleaning the bathtub because that's a lot of exertion for me, so I count that "heavier" housework as exercise if I sweat a lot doing it. Sad, but true. I think it was Hope who posted a while back about how being smaller has some disadvantages like it being harder to reach final goal weight due to burning fewer calories. Counting calories drives me crazy, too--but if we eat on track as best we can, that's what's important, not the numbers in our nutrition logs--especially if we're logging the numbers AFTER we ate. Pre-logging to plan menus and portions is very beneficial to me--WHEN I manage to do that. But I think keeping our goals more simple is often to our advantage. I think that sometimes keeping track of every calorie keeps me thinking of food all day long. Thanks for the insprational quote.

Jenai, thanks for letting me tag along to the journey to Onederland. The best tip I ever got on snacks to curb hunger pangs (including from my doctor) is to eat something with protein and fat--like leftover lean meat with reduced fat cheese, or celery stuffed with peanut butter, stuff like that. Not that I have never binged, but that food combo does help me. Kudos on your brownie control! How you do later in the day after 1/2 plus 1/2 brownie? I did really well with birthday cake yesterday (rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting/icing) having just a 1 1/2 inch cube. That willpower was probably due to the fact that I toted to the party a dark chocolate flaxmeal muffin that I ate before the cake, so my chocoholic sweet tooth was satisfied and the leftover cake was not at my house for me to eat more later.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

DH is waiting for the computer (we have only one) so I'll quickly formulate some goals for the week, taking a hint from others and posting SIMPLE goals:

Follow as best I can my nutrition guidelines
Pre-plan my daily menus
Drink more water
Work on exercising more
Old 06-30-2014, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Today's Menu:

I'm not in a food rut. I ate a lot of the same foods last week but they are healthful and so yummy that it feels like I'm cheating, but I'm not.

Brunch again (gotta eat breakfast!) low sodium ham and zero cholesterol egg blend rollup, flaxmeal muffin, almond milk

Snack: stawberry and cream cheese (both sweetened with vanilla protein powder) low carb quesadillla grilled in I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray

Dinner: Casserole of salmon, low net effective carb penne pasta, cooked broccoli and Classico Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and a side dish of spinach. Black bean brownie for dessert--ooh, I can't wait!

Snack: cold chicken, celery with soy nut butter.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, yea! I had all the ingredients for the black bean brownies on hand except for chocolate chips so I just chose to not add them. I used a food processor because I don't own a blender, substituted granulated artificial sweetener, and increased the oil at your suggestion. I just took them out of the oven--the raw batter tasted super yummy and my house is filled with that wonderful chocolaty aroma. As good as that batter tasted I can't imagine anything but very positive feedback on them after dinner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.