Notices

Friday/Journals

Old 01-14-2010, 11:45 PM
FitDay Member

Default Friday/Journals

So today I was disappointed to be up half a pound. I thought I would cross the 215 threshold. Instead, I am up to 215.6. I figure as a motivator to eat right and get exercise, I will open myself up to public ridicule/support by noting that my food and activity journal is public here.

Anyone want to join in. I did this once before with a bunch a guys. We called is shame-full weight loss. The "shame" part is supposed to be a motivator and a tool, not really a judgment.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

You being up a half a pound could be you eating something saltly yesterday and your body retaining water. Don't shoot yourself over a half a pound.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 PM
FitDay Member

I agree. Probably just water weight. I have been steadily losing 1/2 to 1 1/2 pounds a day for the past week. All of a sudden, I'm up 2 pounds this am. No change in my diet or acivity. The only change... I had a subway sandwich the day before with salt & pepper on it. Keep doing what yur doing.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lamafri
So today I was disappointed to be up half a pound. I thought I would cross the 215 threshold. Instead, I am up to 215.6. I figure as a motivator to eat right and get exercise, I will open myself up to public ridicule/support by noting that my food and activity journal is public here.

Anyone want to join in. I did this once before with a bunch a guys. We called is shame-full weight loss. The "shame" part is supposed to be a motivator and a tool, not really a judgment.
Hey man, I'm stuck at about the same weight. Started a food journal today to try and hold myself accountable. I eat good during the day then night rolls around and I have a few drinks and start munching on whatever is close, fatty, and salty. Excersize doesn't help this late night behavior much, kind of helpless at night for some reason. What are your trouble times?
Old 01-16-2010, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Let's keep at it, posting food logs is helpful.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:19 AM
FitDay Member

Late night eating is a tuff one i have to deal with it always, a trick i use is a salad or a low carb protein shake, or sugarless gum
Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 AM
FitDay Member

I started at 335, and I've been stuck at 240ish for the past month. I've been eating about 1800-2000 calories per day. I read that when you eat too few calories (your 1438 is pretty low) your body goes into "starvation mode" and does its best to retain what fat it has.

For the last three days I've upped my consumption to 2500 calories to test out this idea. It's too soon to tell, but I've gone from 242 to 239 since.

(I'd post my log for you, but I use FitDay PC and haven't paid for the premium account here.)
Old 01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. I know 1400 to 1500 calories is low and I risk the metabolic slow-down, but I thought that exercise offsets that. I'm trying to burn a lot of calories on my bike or elliptical. This was a bad weekend. A kid's birthday party in my family is a food disaster.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

I am off for a week-long business trip in Asia. I'll try and post my food if I can figure out what it is. Business trips are bad: generally lots of food and some alcohol. Today, I hiot 140, which is six pounds since 1/1/10 and on track.

220>114>180 15%
Old 05-30-2010, 12:58 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lamafri

You are eating way too many carbs. The bread, peanut butter and yogurt are not added back in until weeks after the induction phase of the new Atkin's diet (whole grains only and only after many weeks). You need to be%pigging out on green leafy veggies; I know, ugh, but now after 3 weeks I crave and salivate over them. Hard cheeses are OK in moderation. You need to get your fat percentage way up; mine is about 60%. My net carbs are about 10 and protein about 30. You need the protein to avoid your body eating muscle. I am over 1,000 calories a day below my maintenance level. I am 71 and have lost 15 pounds in 3 weeks; you can do it too. Daily weight varies 4 pounds depending on the time of day, your fluid intake and excretion, and when you had your last BM. The first two weeks of new Atkins were murder but now I feel my hunger satisfied, energy is returning, my mood is better and I no longer hallucinate about apple pie.
If I can do it you can do it>

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.