View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 03:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
TT2014
FitDay Member

Default Update: May 27, 2014

It has been 2 extra days on Phase II and I gained almost a pound.

At first I was upset about it, but my husband reassured me that it is a combination of weight and inches I should be worrying about, and not to get too caught up on the numbers for weight. Sure enough, I found my jeans fit even looser today and my measurement showed I had lost another .25 inches around my hips and another 3/8 inches around my waist since Saturday. Sometimes it is so easy to forget there are going to be plateaus. My husband says it is because the exercise, even with this short duration, is building muscle, and muscle weighs more than fat. I can definitely feel it. My legs seem to have some increased strength and my endurance has definitely improved. It is such a blessing to have him to reassure me, as I was severely tempted to take "a break" from my diet and exercise since I seemed to go up .9 pounds. However, as long as we keep going together, I know I can make my goal by October.

I'm mainly posting this here to remind people not to give up on their diets so easily (as it really can be so simple to stop!) and to remember the long term goal does require effort and focus to reach it. I hope people can see my story and help remember that the journey is as important as the destination for these kinds of plans.
-------------
TT2014 is offline   Reply With Quote