Notices

I tried some organic foods....

Old 06-21-2014, 07:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default I tried some organic foods....

I went to the local Farmer's Market today and bought a bunch of organic foods to try them out. I've been fighting organic foods because of their costs for years, but today I wanted to try them out...I bought carrots, Yukon Gold potatoes, portobello mushroom, celery, and cucumber, and zucchini...so far the the celery is awesome, best I've ever had, the potatoes are delicious boiled and mashed...I can't wait to try out the rest....so far I'm really pleased with the great taste. I'm sold. I'll be at the organic food stand every week throughout the summer now....

I'm going back on a mostly vegan diet and I wanted to try out organic veggies this time around.
Old 06-25-2014, 11:06 PM
FitDay Member

My mum is also like to prefer organic food & she genuinely interested to grow 'em at our home garden..She used to grow tomato,cucumber and parsley...
Old 06-26-2014, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

And once you continue to go to the farmer's market, you'll like the feeling of community. I personally like being able to see and talk to the grower's themselves and getting questions answered. They're also great when it comes to giving you advice for recipes. : )
Old 06-27-2014, 01:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's great that organic food prices are also coming down as it is getting more critical mass.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by HankG
It's great that organic food prices are also coming down as it is getting more critical mass.
Nice blog Hank.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Well here it is two weeks later and I'm down 5.6 pounds !! The organic stuff tastes great and I'm losing weight, what more could I want ?? I bought some organic peanut butter today for the first time...wonderfull !! Tomorrow I go back to the farmer's market, can't wait !!

My FitDay Weight Goal Chart looks great !! I've been on a plateau for so long, this 5.6 pounds lost in two weeks looks great !!
Old 07-04-2014, 05:42 PM
FitDay Member

A great post to read!

Organic is SO much better for you and when it tastes great, even better

Can you imagine spraying your food with a chemical then putting it in your mouth? And yet this has happened in our lives. Terrible.

Keep it up djwayne

Last edited by Kathy13118; 08-21-2014 at 12:18 AM. Reason: removed link
Old 07-05-2014, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Busy day at the farmer's market today...I bought three big bags of organic veggies from two stands, I bought snow peas, green beans, butter lettuce, yellow onions, Yukon Gold potatoes, carrots, lemons, white onions, green onions, small mushrooms, large mushrooms, cucumbers, tomatoes, corn on the cob, a couple slices of watermelon, organic cheese, spinach, and some caramel popcorn for a treat...One stand is run by a woman who is vegan, the other stand operated by an Amish girl...both are very nice....I already tried some of the organic items and they are delicious !! I don't think I'd go back to regular veggies....
Old 08-20-2014, 04:08 PM
FitDay Member

If you’ve got itchy feet, a hankering for organic and a desire for a bit of a life change, then WWOOFing may just be just what you’re looking for.