Notices

freezing

Old 03-31-2014, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

Default freezing

FitDay forums keeps freezing my browser. I'm using Firefox. I can't close the browser or anything. I have to open task manager, which that even takes a long time because it's locked up, and then kill the browser from there. This happens several times a day and it's very frustrating.
Old 04-01-2014, 06:10 AM
Administrator

Can you try using another browser and see if the same behavior persists?

Also, check for and deactivate any browser extensions you may be running that could interfere with the site.

lastly, your cookies file could be corrupt and need to be deleted to allow a new one to be created. (After clearing the cookies, re-start the browser)
Old 04-02-2014, 12:43 PM
FitDay Member

I cleared my cookies and stuff, but the problem kept going on. I would go over to FD and it would make every tab super slow then freeze when I would switch on to the FD forums. I went over to Chrome and it seemed to be working just fine. Problem with that is that I don't particularly care for Chrome and would rather use Firefox. I tried uninstalling Firefox then reinstalling it. So far that seems to be working, but I'll let you know if anything changes.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Administrator

Glad it's working. If you encounter further problems, please email [email protected]
Old 06-04-2014, 07:43 PM
FitDay Member

I'm having big problems with FitDay freezing my browser again (Firefox). It is constantly freezing. I noticed something, too. Each time it freezes there is always a Verizon ad somewhere on the page. It never freezes when there is not a Verizon ad. And I get A LOT of Verizon ads. Each time it freezes I have to pull up the task manager, kill the browser and then restart the browser, sign back into FitDay and hope I don't get a Verizon ad. I'm on here a lot, logging my food and activities as well as being active on the boards. I freeze anywhere from 10-15 times a day. If I want to log food, for example, I can start, add 1 or 2 things, get a Verizon ad and then have to kill the browser and start the process over to continue. So sometimes I'll have to restart my browser and sign back into FitDay 3 or 4 times just to get 1 thing completely done. Then if I'm on the boards, every time I click to a new page I run the risk of getting a Verizon ad again and having to start all over.

Like I said, if there is no Verizon ad, I don't freeze. The amount of time I spend restarting my browser and signing in again, getting back to where I was and continuing is ridiculous.
Old 06-05-2014, 04:42 AM
Administrator

We have received the same report from others. We are working on removing the verizon ads.

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
I'm having big problems with FitDay freezing my browser again (Firefox). It is constantly freezing. I noticed something, too. Each time it freezes there is always a Verizon ad somewhere on the page. It never freezes when there is not a Verizon ad. And I get A LOT of Verizon ads. Each time it freezes I have to pull up the task manager, kill the browser and then restart the browser, sign back into FitDay and hope I don't get a Verizon ad. I'm on here a lot, logging my food and activities as well as being active on the boards. I freeze anywhere from 10-15 times a day. If I want to log food, for example, I can start, add 1 or 2 things, get a Verizon ad and then have to kill the browser and start the process over to continue. So sometimes I'll have to restart my browser and sign back into FitDay 3 or 4 times just to get 1 thing completely done. Then if I'm on the boards, every time I click to a new page I run the risk of getting a Verizon ad again and having to start all over.

Like I said, if there is no Verizon ad, I don't freeze. The amount of time I spend restarting my browser and signing in again, getting back to where I was and continuing is ridiculous.

Last edited by tyen; 06-06-2014 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by tyen
We have received the same report from others. We are working on removing the verizon ads.
Ads are freezing up the program again. I can add foods on the classic version as long as there is no ad at the top, if the ad shows up then I cannot do anything at all and freeze up.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ditto

It's been doing this to me for weeks now. Ive tried different browsers and computers with no help. All other programs run perfect on both devices.
Fit day is DEFINITELY messed up. I blame the tons of ad crap.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:31 AM
Administrator

When was the last time you were affected by the Verizon ad?

Originally Posted by kathybrewer
Ads are freezing up the program again. I can add foods on the classic version as long as there is no ad at the top, if the ad shows up then I cannot do anything at all and freeze up.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Last time I was affected by Verizon ad was this evening, had to shut the program down and relog in and hope for no Verizon ad. I was able to add foods in classic after relog in because ad didn't load I assume, there was no ad showing at top or bottom while I was able to access.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.