Notices

back again...

Old 06-25-2014, 08:17 AM
FitDay Member

Default back again...

A few years ago I spent a couple of years going from 280 to 180 or thereabouts. It's taken about 8 or nine years and I'm back where I started.

So I'm back on fitday, putting in my food log and keeping 1000 below bmr.

I mostly know what works and what doesn't, so I should be OK.

biggest problem is I hate gyms and I don't have room for stuff at home this time round. Exercise is going to be really difficult, but it won't work without. I'll just have to suck it up I suppose.

ray
Old 06-25-2014, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Ray! There's no need to go to a gym if you don't want to! There's so much free stuff on youtube that you can do at home with little to no equipment. Here are a few low impact suggestions to help get you started.

Walking Workouts by Jessica Smith
Beginner Workouts by Jessica Smith
10 Minutes or Less by FitnessBlender
Low Impact Cardio/Beginner Toning Workouts by FitnessBlender

All the best to you!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thx.
It'll have to be the gym. I've no room at home and I've a phobia about dogs, so walking in the park is no good.
At least the first few (easy) weeks have been good, and my partner and I have been eating the right things. One bad weekend with guests slowed it down a lot.

I'll try a local gym for a month and see how I do. I'd like to do cardio a bit to get a little fitter, then I need to lift weights as well. I'm pretty hopeless at lifting heavy things, but it burns calories, and I quite enjoy it. It's all the showering and undressing afterwards that gets me.