Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22

Old 06-15-2014, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 16 - 22

Hi Everyone,

I know some had a successful week, but I believe many more would like to see the week end early! So I propose an early beginning to Monday!!!

There really is no reason to wait. Start this minute, to commit to doing the best we can for the next 7 days.

I'm in.

Anyone else want to start a new week early?

I'm making tacos (with my homemade taco seasoning - salt free) on whole wheat tortillas made with extra lean ground beef and tons of veggies!

Healthy, nutritious, delicious, and filling!
Old 06-15-2014, 08:12 PM
FitDay Member

Hi and thanks for starting us off early Bea. I want to make this a good week too.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

I'm with you, Bea and Libby. No time like the present to get going on a good week.

I've been very happy for the most part with my nutrition. I've been exercising 34 minutes/day 4-5x/week, and I'm frustrated that I'm not seeing any lbs or inches going away. I had been losing so well but these past 2 months or so have not shown great results. Any ideas on what I need to do to change that? Do I need to workout harder or longer? Or more often? I'm averaging about 1450cal/day which should be about a 800cal deficit/day not including the exercise I've been doing. I know I've harped on this, but I am seriously at a loss as to what to do.

I'm not giving up or giving in. I'm going to keep at it. It just sure would be nice to see some results for my efforts.

I'm supposed to start phase 2 of Slim in 6, Ramp It Up, but I'm really dreading the 55minute workout. If I were an exercise junkie I could see how I would be rearing to go with this tough long workout. But it's not a habit for me yet, and I really have to work at it. I am very hopeful that this week will show some good results. I'll listen to anyone's suggestions.

I'm trying something new for dinner tonight. Roasted veggies (eggplant, red, orange and yellow bell peppers, red onion, garlic) mixed with orzo, green onions, pine nuts, feta and basil with a lemon and oil dressing. I wonder, instead of putting oil in the pan to roast the vegetables, AND oil in the dressing, could I just mix the lemon with the oil in the first step and roast the vegetables in the lemon dressing? It would be nice to cut out half the oil. Also, it says to serve at room temp. I think it would be good hot...what do you think? Doesn't this sound good??

Let's make it a strong week everyone! I'm rooting for you!
Old 06-16-2014, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in for a good week for all. Lets eat healthy - move our butts - and enjoy June as it speeds by. This week I want to lose another 2 pounds.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) stop the insanity! no more binge eating
2) walk/gym 3x min this week
3) 6 glasses water
4) stretch daily
5) meditate
6) practice Spanish daily
7) WORK comes first (have been slacking)
8) keep gratitude journal
9) talk less/listen more
10) weigh myself only on Friday
11) toss out 3 papers or 3 items

Last edited by canary52; 06-16-2014 at 04:35 AM.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai, are you drinking enough water? Would maybe going up to only 40-45 minutes be less intimidating? We all reach plateaus, hang in there. Also a suggestion: maybe roast the veg with oil (and garlic if you like) and dress with lemon and the rest when it's done. It sounds yummy! What time is dinner lol?

Mary, I can't believe it's mid June already.

Bea, thanks for starting us.
Old 06-16-2014, 02:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning lovely ladies! I'm ready for a productive week! I do have ground to make up (again!!).....PMS + Tex-Mex restaurant = serious water retention!! I'm up on the scale this morning to what I weighed in January. No excuses...I've lost focus too many times so it's my own doing that I ended up here. However, I'm committed and determined to shed the water weight and get the scale moving in the right direction again. I know that I don't lose weight if I don't exercise intensly on nearly a daily basis. So even though I'm still having shoulder/neck issues, I'm going to do what I can this week to get in the activity that my body so desperately needs! My laundry room project is nearly finished. I love the flooring!!! It's looking so good!! We just need to finish up the baseboards throughout the week and my new washer and dryer will be here Saturday. Over a month without a washer and dryer!!!

Bea - Thanks for starting us off this week! How did your tacos turn out? Please share your homemade taco salt-free seasoning recipe!

Libby - Glad to see you posting more often buddy Let's make this a great week!

Jenai - You're determination is infectous! The dinner you have planned sounds yummy and I think it would be good hot or cold! If it turns out to be a keeper, you have to share the recipe! As far as reducing the oil, you could just spray your veggies with a little olive oiv and season them before roasting, then add the oil and lemon juice dressing at the end. Alternatively, you could half the oil in both parts of the recipe. It really sounds like you're doing everything right...keeping your calories in check and exercising. The only thing I can think that has the scale stalling is possibly the types of calories you're consuming? However, without knowing exactly what you're eating everyday, I'm just guessing at this. Try having a look at what you're consuming and see if there are things you can change. 100 calories worth of cake vs. 100 calories worth of apples is the same amount of calories, but not the same amount of nutrition.

Mary - I'm all for movin' my butt this week! LOL!

Hope - I'm all for stoppin' the insanity!! Once my washer and dryer arrive the insanity of hand washing clothes for a family of 4 will cease!!

Terri - Hope you're enjoying the time with your family!

Wishing everyone a success filled week!
Old 06-16-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

All the recipes sound so good. On Friday I didn't have any meat to cook so I boiled up some Quinoa and added onion, orange pepper, cherry tomatoes.
celery, shredded carrot, romaine lettuce and salad dressing. I boiled up a bunch of eggs and that was our meal. The guys loved it. I am going to plan one meatless dinner every week. It saves money and calories. Lets make it a good week.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! I am nervous but excited to continue my week. We're going to be visiting with my parents, my husband's parents, and also taking a small trip to Chicago over the next 2 weeks. I've talked to my husband about wanting to keep up with exercise and he says he will help and support me on this. We shall see....Today I did 1hour weightlifting class and increased my weights (I should have done this weeks ago,but I've been a bit of a wimp). It felt good and I was able to keep up with the other ppl in the class with some effort. Also am continuing on with my Ab Challenge. I'm on Day 15 and will do that later tonight. It's getting pretty rough, but I'm sticking with it.

Goals:
1. 4-5 meals per day
2. 4-5 glasses water per day
3. Continue Ab Challenge
4. Eat in moderation and small portions
Old 06-16-2014, 08:49 AM
FitDay Member

Aimee - Enjoy the time with your parents! Awesome job on increasing the resistance! I can't wait until I'm feeling better so we can cheer each other on with our workouts!

Terri - I think I may have confused you and Aimee....are you out of town with school stuff....or are you visiting your parents too? LOL!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.