Notices

post cancer weight descent

Old 06-13-2014, 11:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default post cancer weight descent

HI Folks, I'm 52, and coming out of six months of grueling treatments of all kinds for breast cancer, and I've decided to give myself a present and make myself feel better and happier and more feminine by getting my weight down. It's almost all in visceral fat, and came up gradually over the last few decades. I'm 5' 5.5", and weighed 104 kgs (230 lbs) three weeks ago. I've just lost 5.5 kgs (12 lbs) (low-carb method) and am now motivated to keep going for as long as I can - I would love to get down to my "unreasonable" goal weight of 54 kgs (120 lbs). My dream is to have a gorgeous waist again and be able to fit into a beautiful dress by my birthday in September 2015 (in a year and three months).
Old 06-14-2014, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and I hope you find lots of support on this site. A friend tells me how hard the period after therapy but waiting to feel well enough to return to work is. Good luck on meeting your goals.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

You can do it! You've set yourself a reasonable time frame, you will get there!
Old 06-17-2014, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Why thank you, Kathy and Kumochi, Enchanted to meet you. Looking forward to sharing with you as the kilos go by... it's coming off fast at the moment, but I know it will probably slow down. For now, it's very motivating !