Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

Old 06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 2 - 8

I'm starting this thread a day early....I realize. I guess I wanted the opportunity to start us off this week and to change up the thread title a little. We come here for motivation...sure....but I personally think this thread is helpful for not only the motivation from others but also as a place to come for accountability. If I'm being honest with myself and accountable to my fitday friends, I've been off the rails for weeks. I was struggling for weeks to stay the course and managed somewhat, but for the weeks that followed I've been COMPLETELY derailed. I'm not sure what started this fragile state, but I ended up letting the opinion of others take a toll on me which sent me into a tail spin. I'm normally stronger than this, but for some reason recently, I simply wasn't. I was feeling pretty good about myself at the end of March....not so bad at the end of April...now at the end of May...I went shopping and cringed at what I saw in the mirror. I know I need to turn things around. I want to feel good again...like I did at the end of March.

I chose today's quote to remind myself that I haven't failed and to keep moving forward....even if I do have some ground to make up. The only way I'll fail is if I quit...and I'm not a quitter!!

Who's with me....who's ready to make this an awesome week! Let's make this week the best yet!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Great quote, Debbie. I am ready to be accountable and to get motivated! Starting with tonight. I haven't exercised in 2 nights. I have to do that. Even with having a 3500 calorie/4400mg sodium day I still have managed to lose weight since Friday already. I wonder what greater impact exercise would have had.

Debbie, don't listen to what others say that's negative. You don't need that in your life. We all have weak moments, and we are all here to support you in a positive way.

I need to exercise 6 days this week (Friday will probably be my day off).

Another victory for me...I took my bra strap in to the last set of hooks, and I fit comfortably into another one that had become too small. Figures I lose it in my boobs, but it's also around my rib cage where the inches are coming off. But I guess the weight loss has to start somewhere, and it will hit all the other areas eventually.

I did something that I have never done before. I put my whole self out there for public scrutiny, and really took a good, long look at myself. I don't usually let anyone take any photos of me. But since I got my hair chopped off, I kind of like it, and I didn't want to make myself absent from my daughter's h.s. graduation. On my Beachbody profile I put up my photo for my avatar. Also, I took "before" photos...front, side and back views...and put them up as well. I put them up to admit to myself what I have really become (externally), and to use as motivation every time I see it. I can't wait to put update photos and to be able to see a difference! That was a big step for me, because I normally like to hide away from the public.

Hope everyone has a GREAT week!!! let's make it count (backwards)!!!
Old 06-01-2014, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Jenai - Thanks for your kind words. I really needed that support tonight That's awesome that you took some pictures! Extremely brave to have posted them online!!!!?!?! It was pictures that first motivated me months ago to start this journey. I didn't think I was getting any results because that's what the scale told me. I took some follow up pictures about 6 weeks in and was so surprised to actually see a difference. That motivated me to continue on! How are you liking Slim in 6? It's a good solid program! How are you doing with the push ups? Congrats on the bra NSV! I wish there was a way to lose weight and keep the girls....but that's not usually the case.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I am loving Slim in 6. I can get through the whole Start It Up workout now. It kicks my butt, but that's a good thing. Means it's working. I ordered another program because it was on sale at 33% off (such a deal!). Before I ordered SI6 I really agonized over whether to choose that or the first P90. I went with SI6 knowing that I wanted to do P90 after. And that's the program that went on sale! Lucky me! I expect it tomorrow. I won't start it yet. I'm going to for sure finish SI6, but now it's there waiting for me when I'm done and ready to move on.

Also, regarding the pics, I sure do hope I can tell a difference like you did a couple months down the road. The last time I lost weight I lost 50 lbs and looking at myself in the mirror I didn't see a single bit of difference. I was sooo discouraged and sad. I'm hoping the side-by-side pics will really show the differences. I think our eyes play tricks on us in the mirror. We see with our eyes what our brains thinks it should see.

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 06-01-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jeanai,

Wow I am really impressed that you put your before photos up... SERIOUSLY!!!!! that is awesome.. Not sure I could do that. Its funny, I sill think I am slim and then I see myself in the mirror and I'm like, who is she... Like a reverse body dismorphia. I have a lot of humour with my weight, it helps me.... Have any of you tried YogaGlo. I find yoga is like therapy for my body. When I was slimmer it helped me get in tune with myself and my body didn't look bad but now at 210lbs its helping me to be happy with my body and give it a little love. Yogaglo in an online thing, and its for any levels. I don't know, just thought I'd mention it, in case.

And Debbie, I feel sorry for those people who need to be cruel, I pity them that saying the things they do makes them feel better.. says a lot about their life. There is enough hate in the world, don't you think.. (screw em ;-)
Old 06-02-2014, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning Ladies! Yet another week of rain in Ontario! Gorgeous weekend though.

GOALS
1. Keep to carb limit
2. More fruits and veggies (at least 4 servings)
3. 6 glasses of water
4. Exercise 4X
5. Lose 1lb

Wow can't believe it's June already. Less than 3 weeks til summer (my birthday). Turning 40--yuck!!
Jenn
Old 06-02-2014, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies! Sounds like we're ready to be accountable and motivated!

I played disc golf on Saturday and went for a hike on Sunday - so those were both activities that kept me moving over the weekend! Unfortunately I also ate a few hot dogs and bread and a few slices of pizza. Blergh. I'm sure I'll be up this morning from sodium so I'm not even going to weigh that nonsense. I'll weigh again on Friday!

Today is going to be a planned somewhat high-cal day. I'm hoping to keep it under 1600, which I can if I plan right down to the T.

Jenai: Grats on getting pictures up It's hard but necessary. I had some pictures taken of me yesterday as I was hiking that are EXTREMELY unflattering. I know it's partially because of what I was wearing (a too-large T-shirt over jogging pants, which make my hips look inches wider than they actually are) but UGH! If that's not motivational, I honestly don't know what is. We can all be a little dysmorphic. Congrats on the NSV. I am sure you will see changes in your pictures soon!!

Debbie: I'm with Jenai. People are mean, crude, rude, and aren't putting themselves in your shoes. Most will be happy to tear you down, find your weak spots, and twist in that place over and over again. You're better than that, and we're here to help you

Week Goals:
1) Calorie deficit of -4,000 for 7 days
2) Exercise 6x this week. Follow Turbo schedule.
3) Water at least 64 oz. per day
4) Protein at least 20% every day
5) Weigh in on Friday and Report
6) In bed by 11:00 every night
Old 06-02-2014, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning lovely ladies I have my food planned and already logged for the day and have my workouts planned as well...now to execute

Jenai - It's much harder to see the changes in the mirror...I'm sure you'll see changes in the pictures! We see ourselves everyday and on top of that, we're so hard on ourselves. We tend to focus on the parts we don't like so it's hard to see subtle changes in the mirror, but even if it's a small change it's easier to see in pictures.

Sweetie - Welcome! I don't believe I've seen you post here before? Totally agree....no time for haters....I believe in women sticking together and empowering one another.

Jenn - It's sunny here in this part of Ontario! At least there was a beautiful weekend weather...hopefully next weekend is just as nice!

Terri - Sounds like you had not only an active weekend, but a fun one too! Even if you ate a few things you'd rather you hadn't, as long as you stay the course and don't let those little slips cause you to completely slide, you'll be fine. I say that as much for you as I do for myself....I need to keep reminding myself of this too!

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-02-2014, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. It's almost Summer and I am wearing the same clothes that I wore last year only they fit a little looser. Yeah.

Debbie, thanks for starting us off. I like the quote about not letting our failures define us but keep moving forward.

I know that I need to exercise more if want to get this weight off so that is my goal this month. Have a Happy June.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I think it's an AA quote that says "What other people think of me is not my business."

Jenai, I tend to avoid cameras too. And buy doing that am also not present for my family and friends. So good for you for being there at the graduation and for putting those brave pics out there.

Hi Sweetie. Sometimes I am surprised by my own image too. So weird that we really don't see ourselves. And that we are often so harsh when we look. Yogaglo sounds good, I like the different levels aspect of it.

Jenn, you can be like the comedian Jack Benny, forever 39. That's the age he stuck with. I am dating myself with this reference lol altho he was a bit before my time too.

Terri, you really did have an active weekend, maybe that fueled your appetite a bit but it also helped burn your few transgressions off too. Good for you that you are not weighing yourself. I cannot seem to break the constant weighing habit.

Let's have a good week! Accountability, yikes!!!! I mean, yay!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.