Notices

Motivational Thread May 26 - June 2

Old 05-31-2014, 01:41 AM
Super Moderator

Jenn: New clothes/smaller numbers I think are sometimes WAY more satisfying than even the scale victories. HUGE congrats to you!

Jenai: I think planned and mindful cheats are a part of any diet/life change, and you're certainly being mindful about it! You never know how long it will take you to lose the planned cheat. Wierdly enough, I remember when I started that cheat days often seemed to accelerate my losses because it messed with my metabolism a little bit. Flushing out that sodium should only take a few days. You'll be okay. Sorry to hear about what's going to be happening to the hubby My sister works in the construction industry and sees that stuff happen all of the time (in fact, she once wanted to be an electrician, but developed a back problem after a car accident and now can't do all the bending required - she works in the office as a project manager). I'm sure you guys will figure out how to get yourselves where you need to be, and I hope the laying off is as short as possible. Big hugs to you and your family!

Libby: SO happy your tests turned out well! Keep on keeping on, girl!

As for me:

I was (barely) able to keep it under control yesterday. I had to guesstimate on some calories, but we'll see how it all works out in the end. Had a drink with dinner and that pushed my protein down (and my calories up). Tomorrow is a planned day off from working out, and Sunday I'm either going to go on a hike with a friend at a local park or do an extra workout DVD. I'm going to try and have a fairly "light" food day overall today, but we'll see how it goes. I think hubs might be planning a pasta dinner.

Week Goals:

1) Work out T, W, Th, F and Sun. Follow TurboJam schedule. T: yes W: yes Th: yes, though only 10 minutes of floor abs though (lower back stiffness) F: yes
2) Calorie deficit of -3500 T: -447 W: -810 Th: -613 F: -514 Total: -2,384
3) 64+ oz of water daily T: yes W: yes Th: yes F: yes
4) Try one new recipe this weekend T: N/A W: sausage/bean bake. It's pretty good! Th-F: N/A
5) In bed by 11:00 every night (my sleeping has gotten wonky) T: 11:03. Close! W: yes Th: yes F: nope
6) Weigh on F and report T-Th: N/A F: 179.6!!!! Yay new decade! Sat-Sun: N/A
7) Protein 25-30% of daily/weekly calories T: 18% W: 21% Th: 19% F: 20% Average: 19.5%

~Terri
Old 05-31-2014, 11:57 AM
Banned

Hope n Terri, thanks it was my first time going...the scenery was Amazing!!

Jenn smaller clothes is always good feeling!
Bea, I was just thinking about a bike as well...I was looking at all the ADS in the paper..I didn't realize bikes was sooooo expensive.
Libby glad you had good report on the tests.
Aimee glad you skipped on the wts....I think that was a great idea...you don't wanna make it worse.

Happy weekend everybody!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

I restrict my calories and am very careful about what I eat and I lose nothing. Saturday I had a 1700 calorie day and yesterday I had a 3500 calorie day and 4400 mg of sodium, and since Friday I've LOST 2 lbs. I don't know if this weight loss will stick through the week, but I am so confused as to how it's best for me to lose weight. Logic says lower calories, but I've done higher calories and am losing weight. Boggles my mind.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Terri-- I absolutely love love love that poem you posted. Awesome !

Jenai- I think I get the same problem with my metabolism slowing down. Whenever I don't eat as much and stay under 1200 calories, it seems like I either gain or never lose the lbs. I've been tempted to set a stop watch every 2-3 hours to remind myself to snack....hmmm...It's an idea anyways.

Jenn- Yay on the new clothes!

Becc- Ty, yes I think it was good to skip wts last week. I did my first wts class yesterday after my break and was feeling pretty good. Thankfully I think my back is back in shape again too! Woot!

Libby- congrats on the tests!

I'm feeling much better with my back and am back at the gym as of yesterday doing my wts class. I went to costco yesterday also and got some yummy snack food. Got some cocktail shrimp, sushi, canned tuna fish, and fruits/veggies so I am set to behave this week.

Goals:
1) Drink 5-6 glasses water (M/Y, T/ will do)
2) Log foods (M/Y, T/Y
3) workout 3-4 times week (M/Y, T/N
4) 2 snacks plus 3 healthy meals daily (M/Y, T/will do)