View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
mfagerstrom
FitDay Member

Talking I've lost 110 pounds so far thanks to FitDay.

I've been overweight almost all of my life. My parents were overweight. I ate what they ate. I learned their poor habits and led the same sedentary life they did.

I would "try" to lose weight in the past, but I didn't take the time to learn what I was doing. I would just buy food that was labeled "low fat" and think I was doing good. Even that wouldn't last long.

This past May, my weight had finally got to the point where it was affecting me in a noticeable physical way. I weighed a whopping 335 pounds. I had been dealing with heartburn for about 2 years. I had felt chest pains (that I ignored like an idiot) a few times. When I walked, I often had a burning pain in my calves with each step I took. It was horrible.

After all of that, I finally had the motivation needed to do something serious about my health. I did a lot of reading online and started to eat a bit better starting in the middle of May. By June, I had discovered FitDay via a blog post I found through a Google search. Since the beginning of June, I have tracked my food and exercise with FitDay every single day.

FitDay helped me to see just how bad my eating habits where. I learned that meals I once considered to be "healthy" were actually loaded with calories. By just changing my eating habits and setting up a calorie restriction, my weight started dropping.

Now it's March 2010. I've been eating healthy for over nine months now. I've gone from 335 pounds in May '09 to 225 pounds today. I haven't had heartburn since I dipped below 300 pounds. No more chest pains. My legs? Well I started running in January, and now I go out for 5-6 mile runs almost every other day. Looking forward to my first 5k race next month.

In case anyone is curious what I eat... I use the PC version of FitDay and I haven't signed up for a premium account so I can't share my logs directly. I do share my foods on my blog, though. I added the link in my signature. I started following the TNT Diet about six weeks ago, and it helped me to break a two month weight loss plateau.

I still have more to lose, but I'm healthier and happier than I've been in years. Thanks FitDay.

Last edited by mfagerstrom; 03-27-2010 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Picture edit.
mfagerstrom is offline   Reply With Quote