View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
carlosh123
FitDay Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy13118 View Post
I'm using the free fitday, version 2.0. Not premium. Are we using the same thing?

What I see (and I usually use the classic, not 2.0, because I like it) in 2.0 is that the pie chart to the right has a drop down screen. It doesn't have total nutrition as one of the options (it has: calorie balance, calorie intake, calorie breakdown, calories burned, weight history, bmi, measurement history, mood history.)

Where 'Total Nutrition' appears is as a tab next to 'Food Log,' right above the log of foods you've tracked so far. There are three tabs: Food Log, Total Nutrition, Custom Nutrition Goals.'

I look at four cups of roasted potatoes that I ate and logged today. If I tab over to 'Total Nutrition,' I see a graph that shows me that is 150% of the RDA. I tab back to Food Log and change the four cups to two cups. What's tricky here, I think, is that you have to click on a 'save' option that appears slightly below to the right of that entry. Make sure that the save 'takes' and you see the amount change - to 2 in my example. Then, when I go to Total Nutrition, I see that my carbs have changed to 111% of the RDA (I have other carbs in my food log so it's not going to be a halving of the percentage...)

I did that once, but I'll do it again to make sure I described it correctly.
Now I got!

You told that you use the classic version, so I was looking for a way to change for this version and found in the top of the page. When I changed, I tested this option that I'm talking about.

In the classic version, when you change the amount e click to recalculate, the vitamins and nutrients change immediately and that's what I was talking about, so I can test various quantity of foods and see which one has the better cost x benefit for me.

And not just that option that I found the classic version better. When I was in the classic version in the total nutrition, the minerals that I was unable to reach the %RDA recommend, were showed in red. So I realized that I didn't notice that my potassium was ins 73%. This was helpful too.

I think that options should have in the version 2.0 For now I will stick with the classic version.

And let me ask you: How I can make to the foods that I add show everytime? Because right know I have to keep coming back to the day that I add the foods, but I want this show in front page. How I leave this automatically?

And you think that the quantity of vitamins and minerals are right for all food? Because I tried to change one food vitamin and was successful, so if someone with bad intention want to muddle some foods, wouldn't be possible?

Thanks for the help
carlosh123 is offline   Reply With Quote